We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK to France with EU DOG Passport

Southall, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
UK to France with EU DOG Passport

Hope someone here can clarify if the EU passport is valid for my dog.

The rabies jab was given by a French vet on the 15/05/2022 and is valid till 15/05/2025.

My VET in UK is saying that rabies jabs are only valid for a year. But the French vet advised it will validate the passport and the rabies jab for 3 years.

Not sure who to believe and certainly don't want to get to Euro tunnel and get refused to board.

3 replies to this topic
Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
8,194 posts
6 reviews
10 helpful votes
1. Re: UK to France with EU DOG Passport

Whatever expiry date for the rabies is written into your PP will be respected for travel. So you shouldn’t have any problem.

Southall, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: UK to France with EU DOG Passport

Thank you

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,774 posts
118 reviews
66 helpful votes
3. Re: UK to France with EU DOG Passport

As said, what's written/stamped in your PP will apply.

There are numerous types of Rabies injection available of 1, 3 and 5 year durations - I suspect that now UK Vets (except those in Northern Ireland) are unable to Issue EU Pet Passports (another Brexit "benefit") they're defaulting to giving the 1 year variety as the replacement AHCs are only valid for 4 months.

Edited: 03 May 2024, 18:38
Reply to: UK to France with EU DOG Passport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.