We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March Break - Family with 2 kids (8&6) Where to go?

Elora, Canada
14 posts
Save Topic
March Break - Family with 2 kids (8&6) Where to go?

We are a Canadian family with 2 children 8 & 6. We are looking to go away March break 2011 (flexible as long as the majority of time is over that range. Looking for fun and excitement! Not looking to break the bank - but want to get away. Willing to try new adventures. A ranch in Arizona or ??? Looking at Cancun as well. It seems reasonable.

Still looking for ideas though!

Thanks for the help!

Torinate

London Ontario
Level Contributor
198 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March Break - Family with 2 kids (8&6) Where to go?

We took our two boys to Crown Paradise Club two years ago and they LOVED it - lots of activities for kids ages 2-12. Great food, beach, pools, service - etc. I would highly recommend it - I think they still offer kids stay and eat free...

Elora, Canada
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: March Break - Family with 2 kids (8&6) Where to go?

Thanks!

That's one of the places we are looking at there. It seems there's so many hotels - and so many opinions of each. One review may be 5 stars "best vacation ever" and the next is 1 star and it was terrible...

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: March Break - Family with 2 kids (8&6) Where to go?

hi heres a couple of different spots antigua outside of guatemala city is a nice town with more tourist than u think lake atilan and tikal and copan are somewhat close granada outside managua is pretty good too with lots of day trips possible also omitepe and san juan are close and the mayan riveria offers a lot to do with kids good places to visit and stay are isla mujeres cozumel poerto morales tulum snorkling is good mayan ruins are good we spent the last 2 years holidays in mexico with kids the same age the infrastructure for travel is there big time lots of hotels restsraunts transport we stayed away fr resorts and picked hotels as we went the fontan in cozumel is excellent if u want to snorkle very reasonably priced check orbitz for special deals also the hul ku in playa is a real cheap decent place 40 dollars a night barter for hotels online prices are really inflated

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March Break - Family with 2 kids (8&6) Where to go?

Spring Break months mean great deals in warm places. The only problem is that thousands of college kids are also heading to these warm places. Two spots I've visited in Florida (I know you didn't mention FL in your post) without drunken teenagers are Sanibel Island and St. Augustine. These are smaller towns with less bars and noise than other spring break destinations. The only things Cancun is good for, IMHO, are its mall and airport. The Mexican govt has gleefully turned a quiet provincial town into a bastion of hedonism and debauchery (with the help of many American tourists!)

My 2 cents...

Edwardsville, IL
Level Contributor
6 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March Break - Family with 2 kids (8&6) Where to go?

Last spring we stayed at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs in Phoenix. It really was beautiful, and there was a full water park right there on site for the kids. Check it out-as I remember, the price was very resonable, and slept our family of four comfortably. We then went on to Sedona and the Grand Canyon, but could have stayed and relaxed much longer at this resort.

Belvidere, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: March Break - Family with 2 kids (8&6) Where to go?

San Diego might work for you. It is relatively warm and has the San Diego zoo and Sea World. You could go to the beach, zoo and SeaWorld, boat, fish, etc. Legoland is not very far either.

7. Re: March Break - Family with 2 kids (8&6) Where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 20:51
St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: March Break - Family with 2 kids (8&6) Where to go?

holy smoley,that was 2 cents worth.What do a milliom pesos get ya

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: March Break - Family with 2 kids (8&6) Where to go?

Cancun can be very rowdy around springbreak. Done a couple of cruises in March and had a great time. This year Costa Rica. Have fun.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: March Break - Family with 2 kids (8&6) Where to go?

Costa Rica is a very kid-friendly place with a ton to do and safe to travel. :-) We always have a ton of Canadians come because the weather her is nice all year round. If you're into all-inclusives, look at Guanacaste and Puntarenas regions (Marriotts, Papagayo, RIU). If you like to do it on your own, there are plenty of places to see: volcanoes & adventure in La Fortuna, beach time in Tamarindo...just about anything you're looking for is here. :-) Email me if you have any questions, I'd be happy to give you advice. Have fun!

Wendy