We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Melia taxis and tours prices

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Gran Melia taxis and tours prices

Hello!

We are going to stay at Gran Meliá Rio Grande and we would like to know the cheapest choice and prices for the shuttle between the hotel and the airport, Old San Juan, Fajardo (to take the ferry to Flamenco beach) and also for some tours like El Yunque, caves, Lago Grande Biobay, etc. I am not sure if car rental is an option for me as I am not US resident and I don't have the international drivers license.

Thanks and regards!

Mentioned in this post
Rio Grande
Rio Grande
Puerto Rico
Old San Juan
Old San Juan
14,342 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Fajardo
Fajardo
Puerto Rico
Flamenco Beach
Flamenco Beach
3,261 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Old San Juan Walking Tour
223 Reviews
from US$40.00*
Old San Juan Food Tour
1,003 Reviews
from US$107.98*
Old San Juan Segway Tour
411 Reviews
from US$103.69*
4 replies to this topic
San Juan
Level Contributor
11 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Melia taxis and tours prices

A car rental once you get off the plane is you cheapest option to get around. Your hotel is about 30-40 min away from the airport and a taxi will charge plenty.

If you have a valid non-expired drivers license you can rent a car, no international license needed. Try Charlie Car Rental at www.charliecarrentalpr.com , they deal a lot with non US residents

Edited: 31 January 2017, 03:03
Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,578 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Melia taxis and tours prices

Car rental is cheapest. Tours at the Gran Melia are by Rico Sun Tours. You should check with them regarding prices.Otherwise Tours depart mostly from San Juan. Most likely they do not pick up there, it's a little off the Route to Forest.

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Melia taxis and tours prices

Agree that car rental is the only way to go. Rent from the airport and use one of the companies at the airport "Avis, Hertz, Enterprise etc. Charlies, which is off airport is good too. Avoid any other off-airport "discount" agencies. They end up more expensive and have notoriously bad service.

Level Contributor
23 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Melia taxis and tours prices

The best thing would be to get what you need to get a rental car. It's worth it if you have an assortment of places on your list and they're far from each other. The other thing would be to join a tour guided agency.

Reply to: Gran Melia taxis and tours prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted