We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Term Stay in Cluster 7 Rio Grande

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Long Term Stay in Cluster 7 Rio Grande

We are looking to spend 2 months in Rio Grande on the Wyndham property next Jan-Mar 2018. I have found a 2 bedroom on the resort complex in "Cluster 7". I have an opportunity to rent on either the 2nd floor or the 1st floor. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm thinking the 2nd floor unit would be better, one for the views and two for the breeze that would flow through (so less need of air conditioning). I'm having a hard time finding out how close a pool is to cluster 7 and how far the actual beach would be. Also, wondering if I choose the ground floor unit can a person walk directly out the back of the unit to the pool or is there no advantage to being on a ground floor unit?

Also, I have been informed that the golf cart that owner has is unavailable. Are there other options for getting around (I do plan on renting a car so perhaps that is my only option)?

We are on the Wyndham property but can we use their pool, beach, etc?

Thanks to anyone who is able to answer my questions. I truly appreciate it!

8 replies to this topic
Saint Ansgar, Iowa
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Term Stay in Cluster 7 Rio Grande

We have stayed in both Cluster 6 and 7. I would recommend the 2nd floor for the reasons you listed. The pool is located in the cluster, but it is not connected to any of the units. Our first stay we did not have a golf cart, but utilized one this year. The golf cart is nice, but you can get to the beach with your car. There is the owner's beach that has it's own pool, and beach chairs provide for the beach. My understanding is you are not allowed to use the hotel pool, but were told the beaches in Puerto Rico are all public. You should be able to use the beach. We walked around the hotel complex, but did not try going to the pool. We did use the complex pool, owners pool and beach. We have made 4 trips to Puerto Rico and have enjoyed our 2 stays at the Wyndham complex. I expect that we will be back again next year. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Term Stay in Cluster 7 Rio Grande

Thank you! Can you tell me if the walk from cluster 7 to the pool is very far? We got spoiled in St Croix this past winter. It took about 2 minutes to walk to the pool or beach.

Also, the plan is to spend 2 months there. My husband needs to be somewhat busy. That is one of the reasons I selected this area.... because of all the stuff on the Wyndham property. The other reason for going to PR is that I enjoy traveling and seeing new places. Do you think 2 months in PR for our first time is too much? My husband is concerned that will be too long. We spent a month in St Croix and wished we had spent two. I just retired and so St Croix was our first "snowbird" trip. We will have friends and family come visit for part of the time so I think 2 months will be perfect. Thank you again for your insight especially since you have been there a number of times. Sonya

Bristol, Rhode...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Term Stay in Cluster 7 Rio Grande

Hello fellow travelers, if you're going to spend two months in Puerto Rico you need to be able to walk to the beach. Just north of the Rio Mar complex are some beachfront condos - this is the way we go every year you can very easily walk to the Rio Mar beach but you also have your own quiet crescent beach. Nothing better than walking out your door onto the sand. There are several secure complexes on Camino Las Picuas that are beachfront, all have nice pools 24 hour security keyed access to the beach etc. hope this helps

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Term Stay in Cluster 7 Rio Grande

Can you tell me how one goes about contacting Camino Las Picuas and would you be able to give me an idea of what their rates are? I'm looking for a 2 bed, 2 bath unit? I've tried googling it but not with much success.

Thank you!

Edited: 04 April 2017, 00:33
Saint Ansgar, Iowa
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Term Stay in Cluster 7 Rio Grande

Each cluster has it's own pool, so it is a short walk from each condo in the cluster. The beach would be a long walk from Cluster 7. There is a golf course between Cluster 7 and the beach to try and give you perspective. There is a lot to do and see in Puerto Rico and if you have friends visiting I'm sure you can stay busy. You may want to consider spending a week on the western side of Puerto Rico and/or spending some time on Culebra or Vieques.

Bristol, Rhode...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Term Stay in Cluster 7 Rio Grande

Camino Las Picuas is the street name ...several nice vacation properties can be found on the rental by owner sites.

Bristol, Rhode...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Long Term Stay in Cluster 7 Rio Grande

Hi again condo we are renting is available for long-term I can put you in touch with the owner if I had a way to reach you

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Long Term Stay in Cluster 7 Rio Grande

Thank you! You can email me the info at LL98765432@gmail.com. If you want to talk by phone I can give that to you through email (I hate to give that here). Thanks so much! That is really kind of you!! Sonya

Reply to: Long Term Stay in Cluster 7 Rio Grande
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted