We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are the pools heated at Wyndham Grand Rio Beach?

Arizona
Level Contributor
27 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Are the pools heated at Wyndham Grand Rio Beach?

Daughter is going on her honeymoon the beginning of December. Just wondering what the water temps of the pool are and ocean. Swimmable?

Also, if staying at the main Wyndham resort, can you use the facilities of the Margaritaville section?

2 replies to this topic
King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
9,087 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are the pools heated at Wyndham Grand Rio Beach?

Beings it's summer year round (with the average temperature of 80F degrees) pool heaters are really not necessary in PR. The water won't be hot, but it is definitely swimmable in both the ocean and the pools.

I personally haven't been to the Margaritaville section, so I can't comment on that, but I'm sure someone else will be able to answer your question.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,947 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are the pools heated at Wyndham Grand Rio Beach?

The average coastal ocean water temperature in December is 80°F.

As already mentioned, you'll be unlikely to find heated swimming pools here. Besides the fact that the sun does a pretty good job of heating water, our electricity is crazy expensive ... so unless a place has solar power, it can be cost-prohibitive to heat a swimming pool.

Reply to: Are the pools heated at Wyndham Grand Rio Beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted