We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Rio Grande to Rental in El Yunque

3 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from Rio Grande to Rental in El Yunque

I have booked a vacation rental in the rainforest close to Rio Grande (the address is Rio Grande (El Verde?). I have no driver's license, so renting a car is not an option. Is there a taxi company in Rio Grande that will take me there? Host says Uber goes there from the Airport, but a) I'm not coming from there and b) I'd like to have a plan B. It seems I can get an Uber from San Juan where I stay first to Rio Grande itself, but I worry about getting to the vacation rental inside the Forest.

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
3 replies to this topic
Vieques
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Rio Grande to Rental in El Yunque

HAve you really investigated this plan. That area can be nice if have a car but it is not the kind of place that has many taxis, you are going to spend a lot of time waiting.

UBer does not go anywhere from the airport. THey can only drop at the airport, they can not pick up passengers there.

Edited: 31 July 2017, 02:28
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,412 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Rio Grande to Rental in El Yunque

Why are you staying in a remote location with no transportation? You should stay in San Juan where you can use those services.

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,446 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Rio Grande to Rental in El Yunque

That is a very bad idea to stay there without a Car. Uber doesn't operate there and Cellphone service is spotty.It is incredible that the Host tells you Uber picks up at the Airport. Everybody knows Uber is not allowed to pick up. Also you can not just go hiking in the Rainforest from El Verde. I don't thing there are any trails from there. People have gotten lost in the Forest when they wondered off the Trails

Edited: 02 August 2017, 03:30
Reply to: Taxi from Rio Grande to Rental in El Yunque
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted