We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Melia with 16 Month Old Twins in January

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
52 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Melia with 16 Month Old Twins in January

Hello, I just booked 3 rooms at the Gran Melia for a steal on priceline . Now I've read all the reviews and forums and think I know what I'm in for however have a few unanswered questions.

Upgrading to Red Level---is it worth it, traveling with Mom, MIL, twins and husband. I understand this will cover free breakfast (with the kids I need to have breakfast in hotel), and cabanas? (need for babies to nap during the day in the shade. What else will it cover?

I have the MAS card which entitles me to 50% off breakfast. Will this be a better deal just to pay for the cabanas when needed and not upgrade?

While we are renting a car and expect to explore a number of lunches and all breakfast will be done in the hotel. Also I already contacted the hotel and spoke to someone regarding two cribs in two rooms and a fridge in the room and they very more than pleasant, even told me where to get food for the babies before driving up to the hotel.

Any help you would like to give me would be appreciated.

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Melia with 16 Month Old Twins in January

i think it covers vip service too (vip area check in and check out) and vip concierge-buttler service too.

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
52 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Melia with 16 Month Old Twins in January

Thank you, but is it worth it for about 60 dollars (difference between two room prices) to get the free breakfast and the bali beds. Do they ever let you use the bali beds for free or for a discount?

Las Piedras
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Melia with 16 Month Old Twins in January

We are members of the Melia Vacation Club and we are a family of 6. We are locals and the kids love the pool. I really like it, it is quiet. There are not much activities in the hotel. The cabanas are 50 dollars per day I think. I would pay for them when needed.

4. Re: Gran Melia with 16 Month Old Twins in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 08:23