We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wyndham-Rio Mar, complex- suggestions for restaurants

Elkridge, Maryland
Level Contributor
19 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Wyndham-Rio Mar, complex- suggestions for restaurants

We are heading to Rio Grande Thursday, 1/12.

We have 3 college aged kids with my husband and I.

Suggestions for restaurants?

Also, SUNDAY 1/17 the BALTIMORE RAVENS have a play-off

game. Any suggestions on where we can go to watch the game?

Any sports bars in the area, not just a place with 1-TV? We are huge Ravens fans and want to wear our purple and watch the game on

a big tv.

Thanks

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wyndham-Rio Mar, complex- suggestions for restaurants

I'm assuming you are renting a car. I believe you can watch the game at Brass Cactus, also food is pretty good.

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wyndham-Rio Mar, complex- suggestions for restaurants

The restaurants in the hotel are pricey as you might expect. Palios, the Italian restaurant is really pretty good. Marbella, the main restaurant, has the ambiance and cuisine of a high school cafeteria.

For breakfast, Antijitos at the bottom of the hill going down to Rt 3 is a good choice and value. I would highly recommend exploring the Kioskos, which is a row of about 40 eating / drinking spots on Rt 3 about 1-2 miles east of the turn to get to Rio Mar. Don't be put off by the appearance, some of the best rated restaurants on the island are there. Ay Bonito is a must do (rated in TA among the top 5 in PR), Ceviche Hut, Tapas 13, and Burger Shack are great. Food Place (a NY style Deli) is another good breakfast option. The Kioskos are generally very reasonably prices.

I second Dian's recommendation for the Brass Cactus. They have the best baby back ribs on the island.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,155 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wyndham-Rio Mar, complex- suggestions for restaurants

These are nice suggestions, except for Antojitos. I went there twice ih the summer. The first time for breakfast, the service was lousy ( 2 x wrong order) Coffee luke warm, no flavor. and very slow. Took for ever to get Waiters attention. Well, I thought maybe just a bad day, since I had seen nice reviews on TA. So we went a few day´s later, same terrible service.I heard Pasta & Pueblo is great, biut did not go

Kansas
Level Contributor
305 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wyndham-Rio Mar, complex- suggestions for restaurants

Isn't there a big sports bar right in downtown Luquillo overlooking La Pared beach...I forget the name...Guava's maybe...I never went in but it looked like a big sports bar to me? Brass Cactus is a very good suggestion.

Other than sports bar Pasta Y Pueblo for dinner is my favorite. I also didn't care for Antojitos.

I had great cheap breakfasts and lunches at El Flamboyan which is pretty much next door to Brass Cactus.

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wyndham-Rio Mar, complex- suggestions for restaurants

Guava's is the sport bar overlooking La Pared Beach. It is a nice spot.

6. Re: Wyndham-Rio Mar, complex- suggestions for restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2013, 18:24