We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Melia

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Melia

Anyone have reviews on Gran Melia? Is it worth the price?

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Melia

If you have any concerns, choose another resort.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,969 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Melia

Amy G,

I suggest that you look at the hotel's reviews on TA's reviews section.

Per my post on your other thread:

It's a nice resort, yes. However, the beach is not swimmable. It's very rocky. If you want a swimmable beach, Melia is not the resort for you.

This resort is also not located in San Juan. You will need a rental car to get there, or make transportation arrangements.

May I ask what are your concerns?

Edited: 05 June 2014, 04:35
Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Melia

In my experience, the Gran Melia prices are competitive with other PR resorts, though I would not recommend the "Red Level" upgrade. It is worth shopping for deals because there are almost always some promotions.

The sandy area which surrounds the bungalows is not a swimming beach, but there is a reasonably good beach, which many people miss, on the west side of the Hotel just past the large pool (which is the biggest on the island).

The resort was designed with a Tahitian architecture. The rooms are spread out across a large area in 20 or so bungalows with about 6 rooms each. The central pavilion has restaurants, bars, a number of lounge areas with Bali beds, and comfortable seating to hang out. The best golf course on the island is also attached.

4. Re: Gran Melia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 12:16