We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice beach

Pittsburgh...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
nice beach

Looking for a nice place to stay in mui ni or phan thiet. Not a real big resort and somewhat low key

7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: nice beach

Ham Tien district in Mui Ne has one of best beaches in Vietnam. Hotels are found in abundance along Nguyen Dinh Chieu street. I've stay at Viet hotel (96 Nguyen Dinh Chieu), it's on a hill and if you're luck to have a room at the top floor, you can admire great view of nature and the sea. I booked via agoda and sealed a great deal (300K/night/double room) even it was holiday season.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,600 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nice beach

It depends on what you would like. I would leave Phan Thiet out so it is a choice between Mui Ne and Ham Tien. Mui Ne has the better beach as far as the sand goes but is relatively quiet with only a handful of Resorts most of which are large and well presented. Of these Pandanus and Full Moon Village are my picks.

Ham Tien on the other hand is the centre of activity but with a narrower beach. It does compensate for this with a great laid back attitude and is a haven for Euro Kite and Windsurfers. Resorts at Ham Tien are extremely good value with waterfront Resorts like Hiep Hoa costing around $25 depending on seasons. What helps with Ham Tien is the fact that it is the preferred weekender destination for HCMC residents, making for a great mix of nationalities. It is not a full blown Tourism area just a cool place to be.

Cheers Ross

England
Level Contributor
342 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice beach

My first visit in 2010, I stayed in Ham Tien and it was lively with plenty of places to walk to. The beach was very good there too.

I am returning this year and have booked a small resort called the Poshanu, which looks great and has good reviews. I think it's in a quieter area of Mui Ne, but, hopefully not to far from the bars and restaurants.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,600 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nice beach

Poshanu is in Phu Hai the ward before Ham Tien and some 10 kms from the ward of Mui Ne. You will need to hire a motor bike or take taxis to where you had stayed before in Ham Tien. There are many Restaurants just inside the ward of Ham Tien in " Little Moscow " which is probably walkable.

Cheers Ross

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nice beach

Phu Hai, Ham Tien and Mui Ne are all full of small resorts and hotels. If you would indicate what price range you have in mind, it would help. On the high end, I would recommend Cham Villas in Ham Tien. On the low end, perhaps Ross' recommendation of Hiep Hoa in Ham Tien. However, as Ross said, the beaches are generally larger and better in Mui Ne. (The center of Ham Tien often has no beach at all.)

Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nice beach

I stayed at Ham Tien (mui ne Resort by the sinh) in the late of june. The wave was strong and rough. The sand has many shell and really steep so we had to drive to Mui Ne (the Resort near Pandanus to be exact) and pay some fee for using the pool and bath service to have a nicer beach and softer wave. I've been told by the security guy that in this monsoon season, the area between fishing village to Hon Rom would be ok to bath.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
204 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nice beach

i stayed at Bamboo village resort few days ago. A green place with trees, flowers and nice beach.

Reply to: nice beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted