We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Mui ne to Ho chi Minh

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Train Mui ne to Ho chi Minh

Hello,

We ill take the 6.40 train from HCM to Mui ne on 16th of August and want to go back on 19th of August to take a flight to Da Nang in same day.

Is it correct that there is only one train at 13.10?for me it' s a little bit late, for we have to go to airport on time.

Is there any transportation directly to HCM airport?

We will travel with a 4 years kid.

Thank you

Federica

5 replies to this topic
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Mui ne to Ho chi Minh

For way back from Mui ne to HCMC there is only afternoon train. If you want to go direct to airport it is better to hire private car with driver. They can pick up any time at your hotel then transfer to airport.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Mui ne to Ho chi Minh

Federica, There is no train that goes into Mui Ne. The train goes into Phan Thiet. Mui Ne is a ward of Phan Thiet City and is about 25 kilometers from the train station.

There is only one train a day, so if you want to go directly to the airport, as Candy says, you need to hire a private car. There is no public transportation from Phan Thiet to SGN (Ho Chi Minh City Airport). Where will you be staying? Most hotels can arrange private cars for you, but if you need a suggestion, either Ross, the Mui Ne expert, or I will be happy to suggest some drivers to contact.

Edited: 26 July 2017, 11:27
Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Mui ne to Ho chi Minh

Hello,

Thank you for your kind reply.

We'll stay at Hiep Hoa,

The only option I have is to hire a private car with a driver, does anyone know how much should be the price?

And how long it'll take? i have to buy the flight to Da nang. If you can suggest a reliable private driver, please tell me.

Thank you

Federica

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
8,262 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Mui ne to Ho chi Minh

Not sure how ideal it is witha 4 year old, but getting from Mui Ne to HCMC will take around 5 hours, then waiting at the airport, the flight itself etc, this will be a long journey.

So one alternative could be taking the train from Binh Thuan (an hour taxi ride from Mui Ne) to Danang. The train ride is around 14 hours, but you have a sleeping berth where you can sleep. It might be a nice experience for the child as well.

One option could be the 22.55 train, arriving in Danang at 12:31, or taking the train leaving at 9:30 arriving in Danang by 11pm.

This way it means less time travelling on the road and having a nice experience (I love travelling by train, and found the overnight train pleasant - you might even meet some great people during the journey).

Apologies if is not feasible with your child, but thought it could be a nice alternative option.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train Mui ne to Ho chi Minh

As Hiep Hoa is Ross' favorite hotel, I know that he will know drivers that the Hiep Hoa recommends. However, the driver that I use most often (He charges VND 1,800,000 or about USD $80) is Dai. His number is 0918840402, but since his English is limited, you should have the staff at Hiep Hoa arrange it.

By the way, current drive time to Saigon averages around 3 1/2 hours unless you're travelling on Sunday when the traffic is much worse.(I did it in 3 hours the other night, but at night there's less traffic). It used to be 5 hours before the freeway from Dau Giay was completed.

Reply to: Train Mui ne to Ho chi Minh
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted