We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
weather

will anyone be at pandanus resort the first 2 weeks of aug 2017 that would keep a check on the weather for us . We would like to go 2018 but want nice weather and do not want to spoil our holiday with heavy rain

9 replies to this topic
Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

The best time is from Feb to April. It is the wet season in August but it does not rain too much (Short time rains).

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,583 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

To take the weather from august in one year expecting it to be the same the next year is taking a huge gamble. Weather is not predictable annually.

One thing I can say is that Mui Ne is one the edge of the Bin Thuan desert and as such enjoys the lowest rainfall in all of Vietnam.

Cheers Ross

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

I've been at the Pandanus Resort for the past ten years in August and what Ross says is correct. You cannot judge one year by the previous year. On average, August gets about two hours of rainfall every other day, as opposed to Saigon in August, which receives about four hours every day.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,410 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

You can also google weather records from previous years and current weather.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,062 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

Best place to avoid any major rain in Vietnam, no matter what time of the year. Have only been in and out of there half a dozen times and not seen a drop.

Llanelli
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

Hi

My wife and I are staying in Na Trang from the 5-12 January. We plan to travel by train to HCMC and stop somewhere en route for 3-4 nights, I've read that Mui Ne appears to be the type of place we could enjoy. Could someone please recommend a reasonably priced hotel, seafront preferred, for 2 73 year olds? We would then like to carry on by train to HCMC, unless there are better options?

Many thanks, Tony

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

When you say "reasonably priced", what is the price range?

You will be going to Phan Thiet in the high season, so overall the prices will be higher than they are now. There are about 350 hotels, resorts and guest houses that cost anywhere from $10 per night to $350 per night, so you have a lot of choices, but it's difficult to recommend something without knowing your budget or price range.

Edited: 11 September 2017, 10:36
Llanelli
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: weather

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking $60-80 as a guide. I would appreciate your view on taking the train and stop location (Vietnam1st timers), we have10 days to travel after Na Trang and would like to spend 4-5 in HCMC before departing, really asking is this the best stop between NT and HCMC? We don't want to stay somewhere too remote, we like pubs and restaurants.

Thanks, Tony

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather

Tony,

If you are coming here from Nha Trang, I suggest that you take a bus (Sinh Tourist or Phuong Trang) rather than the train, as the train from Nha Trang does not go into Phan Thiet, but rather stops at Binh Thuan Station. So you would have to backtrack about 45 minutes to Mui Ne or about 30 minutes to Ham Tien. The bus from Nha Trang takes about 3 1/2 hours and they will drop you at your hotel or resort.

I would then buy a ticket for the train from Phan Thiet to Saigon.

If you want to be near lots of restaurants and pubs, then I suggest that you stay in Ham Tien rather than Mui Ne. There are plenty of restaurants in Mui Ne, but only one pub (Source Bar & Restaurant which you should visit for a drink and the view at sunset). There are about eight or ten pubs and beach bars in Ham Tien.With your price range in the high season, Ross, the Mui Ne expert always suggests Hiep Hoa. I also suggest Grace Boutique Resort, Shades, Unique Resort, or Rang Garden Bungalows. These are all within easy walking distance of many restaurants and pubs.

Reply to: weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted