We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kimono Rental in the Joetsu/Myoko area?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kimono Rental in the Joetsu/Myoko area?

Hello everyone,

I'll be staying in Myoko (Niigata) to catch the cherry blossoms at Takada Park and I would like to rent some pretty kimono or yukata but so far my Google searches has failed me.

I'm assuming it's probably because they don't show up in English searches so I was hoping somebody here with more Japanese knowledge than I do would know of a local Kimono Shop? Ideally somewhere not too far from Takada as I'm only staying there for one night.

Or if I were to bring my own kimono, does anyone know where one would go to get help putting it on?

This place is such a small non touristy town that it's quite hard to get information on.

Thanks in advance!

3 replies to this topic
Melbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kimono Rental in the Joetsu/Myoko area?

Hey again,

I recently found this place by searching in limited Japanese:

http://kimononoogawa.com/

English translation via Google isn't that helpful. So if anybody can read it, can you please let me know if this is a kimono rental place?

Cheers :)

Japan
Level Contributor
8,154 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kimono Rental in the Joetsu/Myoko area?

The above Okamoto is a kimono shop, but they don't deal with kimono rental.

I'm afraid kimono rental is not available in Joetsu Myoko which is not touristy.

If you stay in Tokyo, you could go to Kawagoe or Kamakura as a day trip.

www.tobu.co.jp/foreign/tojo/en/discount/

http://www.kamakura-komachi.jp/english/

Melbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kimono Rental in the Joetsu/Myoko area?

Hello there,

Aw that's a shame, I wanted to wear a kimono for Hanami at Takada Castle because by the time I arrive in Japan, I'll miss the full blossom week in Tokyo already.

But thank you for your help :)

Reply to: Kimono Rental in the Joetsu/Myoko area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Joetsu