We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to bucks county from philly

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Transport to bucks county from philly

Hi all. What is the best mode of transportation to get to and around bucks county from philly. We are not really keen to drive as we are not used to driving on the left hand side, unless it is really inconvenient to get around without a car. Just 1-2 days to spend in bucks county.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

8 replies to this topic
Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to bucks county from philly

We drive on the right side of the road here, not the left. You can take a SEPTA regional rail train from Philly to Doylestown in Bucks County, but without a car, you wouldn't be able to travel beyond that as public transport within Bucks County is practically non-existent.

Mentioned in this post
Doylestown
Doylestown
Bucks County, PA
Bucks County
Bucks County
Pennsylvania
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,350 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to bucks county from philly

You really need a car. sorry

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to bucks county from philly

Thanks all for your help.. Yeah, will consider driving...

Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to bucks county from philly

You could bicycle. Especially on some of the back roads. I believe Doylestown has a small bus system serving Doylestown only. So does Warminster, the Rushbus but that only works during rush hours, morning and evening and is primarily going to an from work. If you are lucky, you might be able to find a driver, someone who will be wiling to drive you around all day, I do not know how much that would cost. Otherwise get a rental car. This post is probably too late though.

Mentioned in this post
Doylestown
Doylestown
Bucks County, PA
Warminster
Warminster
Bucks County, PA
Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport to bucks county from philly

With all the potholes on Bucks County roads these days, cycling would be a fool's errand. And I say that as an avid recreational cyclist and president of the Central Bucks Bicycle Club! Hoping they'll be fixed soon. And again, there's really no reasonable option for public transit WITHIN Bucks Co, only to and from.

Mentioned in this post
Bucks County
Bucks County
Pennsylvania
Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport to bucks county from philly

I agree, however many of the potholes have been filled but many have not been too. I wonder if some enterprising company will realize there is a hole in the transportation here is Bucks County, PA for a tourism bus taking guests from hotels to the various sites, the path of the Liberty Bell through Bucks County, the quaint farms, Ringing Rocks County Park with Waterfall, Quakertown, Doylestown and the tile works, the site of the former Almshouse at the end of Almshouse Rd., Newtown, Bristol (former county seats) and the former coach road between NYC and Philadelphia, Sesame Place, Lassie's home, Quaker meeting houses, old homes from the prior to the 19th century the prolifering organic farms, tubing down the Delaware in Spring, Washington Crossing.and other things beyond my ken. It may not be financially sound but it also may be.

Mentioned in this post
Bucks County
Bucks County
Pennsylvania
Quakertown
Quakertown
Bucks County, PA
Doylestown
Doylestown
Bucks County, PA
Newtown
Newtown
Bucks County, PA
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Sesame Place
Sesame Place
2,657 Reviews
Langhorne, PA
Delaware
Delaware
United States
Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,771 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport to bucks county from philly

ElJayBee,

Small world. My wife and I used to lead D rides for CBBC.

Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport to bucks county from philly

Also, I used to bicycle alot, riding into work (~16 miles per day), going on long weekend rides (40-75 miles), etc. then we adopted a son who turned out to be a handful and out went those bicycle rides. I am now in terrible riding shape. Perhaps sometime in the future, I will take my bicycle out again, but it has been years.

Reply to: Transport to bucks county from philly
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bucks County