We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona to Ainsa - no car and bike bag?!?!

Greater London...
2 posts
Save Topic
Barcelona to Ainsa - no car and bike bag?!?!

Hi there,

I arrive in Ainsa for a mountain biking weekend a hole 12 hours earlier than my group. They will have the hire car.

So Im considering making my way to Ainsa somehow. Is there a bus or train that I'm garuanteed to get with my bike and luggage?

I'm also considering spending the day in Barcelona if it's easy enough to get around considering I'll be lugging my bike with me?

Any all suggests greatly welcomed. My biggest concern is my lack of Spanish and my even poorer sense of direction.

6 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,180 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona to Ainsa - no car and bike bag?!?!

Public transport Barcelona to Ainsa www.rome2rio.com/s/Barcelona/Ainsa

Greater London...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona to Ainsa - no car and bike bag?!?!

Thanks for the reply. I've been on Rome2Rio and although it says there's a bus to Ainsa, I can't seem to find one. Both Eurolines and Alsa seem to redirect or tell me there's no such route via bus.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
8,431 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona to Ainsa - no car and bike bag?!?!

i think that the bus line going to Ainsa is Avanzabus or Alosa, dont remember it well.

you should go to Zaragoza (by bus or train) or Huesca (by bus) from Barcelona and there transfer to the bus to Ainsa.

probably there is just 1 or 2 buses per day to Ainsa so probably it wont work well for you, so i would say that your best option is stay in Barcelona and wait for your friends.

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona to Ainsa - no car and bike bag?!?!

Did this work out? I want to do the same trip to ride in Ainsa

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona to Ainsa - no car and bike bag?!?!

I did the same last year from from Barcelona to Ainsa by took the bus from Barcelona to Huesca , did stay one night in Huesca and then took the bus in the next morning to Sabiñanigo and connected the small bus to Ainsa. It's quite many transfers due to limited of the bus schedule.

The bus company who run this route is Avanzabus or Alosa.You can check the time table in their website but the actual schedule and reservation can be done only 1 month in advance.

Anyway I found that we can reduce the time going to this route by take Alosa bus from Barcelona Sant to Basbasto and Basbasto to Ainsa. Be careful for connecting time because there is only 1 bus daily from Basbasto to Ainsa , leave Barbasto at 17.17 on M-F (and one more at 11.15 only on M/W/F/Sat) ,it take time around 1 hr to Ainsa. you should check the actual time table with Alosa Bus.

Edited: 29 January 2017, 18:00
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelona to Ainsa - no car and bike bag?!?!

I did the same last year from from Barcelona to Ainsa by took the bus from Barcelona to Huesca , did stay one night in Huesca and then took the bus in the next morning to Sabiñanigo and connected the small bus to Ainsa. It's quite many transfers due to limited of the bus schedule.

The bus company who run this route is Avanzabus or Alosa.You can check the time table in their website but the actual schedule and reservation can be done only 1 month in advance.

Anyway I found that we can reduce the time going to this route by take Alosa bus from Barcelona Sant to Barbastro and Barbastro to Ainsa. Be careful for connecting time because there is only 1 bus daily from Basbasto to Ainsa , leave Barbastro at 17.15 on M-F (and one more at 11.15 only on M/W/F/Sat) ,it take time around 1 hr to Ainsa. you should check the actual time table with Alosa Bus.

Edited: 29 January 2017, 18:02
Reply to: Barcelona to Ainsa - no car and bike bag?!?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ainsa