We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Borth beach defences

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Borth beach defences

I am planning a visit to Borth next week but someone has informed me that there is a lot of construction work going on along the beach. I was wondering whether this is still happening and how much disruption there is. Does anyone have any information?

7 replies to this topic
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,825 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Borth beach defences

According to this link it is going on until October :(

everythingaberystwyth.co.uk/borth-sea-defenc…

Borth, Ceredigion
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Borth beach defences

Try this link: www.borthcommunity.info/

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Borth beach defences

It will not stop your enjoyment

Wales
Level Contributor
131 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Borth beach defences

We were in Borth a fortnight ago and were surprised to see that some areas were back to normal. There is the usual access from the cliff to the lifeboat station area.of the beach.There were not many on the beach as it was a miserable day but the dogs were enjoying being exercised up the cliff! The middle bit seemed to be fenced off but the far end and Ynys las were as normal. Ynys las was as busy as Sundays used to be when we lived there.

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Borth beach defences

Thank you. I'm sure it will be a wonderful trip.

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
666 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Borth beach defences

Lorries have access to the works from the north & south, so there are no heavy vehicles going through the village. Most of the work is now being done by the lifeboat station with the construction of the main reef.There is no public access to the beach from the lifeboat station to opposite the railway station, the beach from there up to Ynyslas is unaffected. There is some noise when the lorries are tipping their loads of rocks, & some dust when it is dry. The constructors have done their best to avoid disruption to the locals.

The work is scheduled to finish in November. As mentioned before there is lots of information & pictures at www.borthcommunity.info

Edited: 26 August 2011, 01:58
Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
666 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Borth beach defences

A quick update on the sea defence work. Work continues at the southern end of the beach by the lifeboat station. The work has got behind schedule due to tides & weather. I think they are now hoping to finish by March.

Reply to: Borth beach defences
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Borth
Recent Conversations