We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So undecided

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
So undecided

OK guys and gals - serious advise needed, I want to reuturn to Kenya in the next couple of weeks need a holiday and been invited to a wedding. Am reading this and that about happenings in Kenya safety etc DO I VISIT OR NOT ? HELP ME DECIDE my heart says yes and my head says no. HELP?

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
26 replies to this topic
uk
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: So undecided

Yes

Come despite what you read

Life goes on as normal , i live here and am alwaysnout and about around north coat area

So pack u bags enjoy the wedding and relax

2. Re: So undecided

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 19:06

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,518 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So undecided

Pack your bags and the wedding present. Go! I have to wait another 35 days.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
2,326 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So undecided

I'm back in the States visiting my mother. I can't wait to return to Kenya. Please enjoy your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
nairobi
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So undecided

I have read your post and I am like.....what safety issues??? I am posting this from Nairobi, Kenya and it is calm. I think you should refer me to where you read the stories.

Mentioned in this post
Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So undecided

With flights down to £521 with K.A shame to pass this up :)

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,518 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So undecided

Well you have answered your own question. Get the tickets.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: So undecided

we came back from bamburi beach hotel, not the resort as we like all inclusive, late october, just 11 days ago, we felt safe and secure and we were out in old town and mtwapa, we have never seen any trouble in mombasa/bamburi in our many visits, so pack and fly.

King's Lynn, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: So undecided

Hi I was in Kenya in May and am returning to spend Christmas/New Year there.

As others have said go and have a wonderful time ...you will regret it if you don't.

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
London
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: So undecided

You must go. I was there in Sept 2014 & thoroughly enjoyed. Was as safe as I would be in London or any other city. The wildlife parks are even safer!

My tour operator, Karibuni Kenya Safaris - who also have an office in Hounslow, London, took care of everything. You may want to contact them - great prices! bookings@karibunikenyasafaris.com or call them on 0208 577 7587.

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Reply to: So undecided
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bamburi
Recent Conversations