We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haneda Int'l Airport to Shinjuku beween 430pm and 630pm

Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Haneda Int'l Airport to Shinjuku beween 430pm and 630pm

Hi,

I will touch down Haneda International Airport at 3.40pm on Tuesday 13 Dec 2016.

I will only be ready to leave the airport for Nishi-Shinjuku at about 5pm. By then, I would surely be caught in the rush hours.

Please may I know what would be the best way to reach my hotel in Shinjuku around that time.

I will not have a JR pass.

Thank you very much.

Mentioned in this post
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
54,666 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haneda Int'l Airport to Shinjuku beween 430pm and 630pm

Check your hotel's website. There should be an Access page with directions from the airport.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
27,582 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haneda Int'l Airport to Shinjuku beween 430pm and 630pm

Even in a rush hour the limobus doesn't take longer than 50 minutes to Shinjuku, which is a bit faster and much easier than the train. If you're going to Nishi-Shinjuku, take the bus to the Hyatt or Hilton then take a taxi:

limousinebus.co.jp/en/…22

limousinebus.co.jp/en/…19

Mentioned in this post
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Hilton Tokyo
Hilton Tokyo
4,994 Reviews
Nishishinjuku, Japan
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6,261 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haneda Int'l Airport to Shinjuku beween 430pm and 630pm

To avoid traffic jams on the road, take rails rather than limobus during rush hours.

From HND, take Keikyu trains to Shinagawa direct in 10-20 min (depending on rapid vs normal trains), then chg to JR Yamanote line to Shinjuku in abt 20min direct. The train rides will cost less than JPY700. Take a taxi from the west exit of Shinjuku station to Nishi-Shinjuku (Nishi means west).

Mentioned in this post
Shinagawa
Shinagawa
Tokyo, Japan
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
25,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Haneda Int'l Airport to Shinjuku beween 430pm and 630pm

No traffic congestion issue with my normal 4pm arrivals into HND and then travelling to Shinjuku by limobus.

The congestion is at immigration, not on the road to Shinjuku!

Mentioned in this post
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
27,582 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Haneda Int'l Airport to Shinjuku beween 430pm and 630pm

That's right. There is usually no traffic issues between HND and Shinjuku at any time of day.

Limobus is to be avoided from NRT to Shinjuku in late afternoon/early evening.

Mentioned in this post
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Narita Airport
Narita Airport
Narita, Japan
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,431 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Haneda Int'l Airport to Shinjuku beween 430pm and 630pm

Trains are slightly faster and cheaper than the limobus from HND to Shinjuku. I usually end up taking the train myself but I am very much a veteran of rail transport, and I like train better than buses as a personal preference. However, at 5-6pm, even I might opt for the limobus to avoid the afternoon rush hour using trains. Traffic from HND to Shinjuku is never too much of an issue.

Nishi-Shinjuku isn't exactly small area. There are hotels close to Shinjuku station, and there are hotels way out there (Hilton, Hyatt) that are roughly 10+ minutes away on foot. Make sure you figure out the proper bus to take.

Mentioned in this post
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Hilton Tokyo
Hilton Tokyo
4,994 Reviews
Nishishinjuku, Japan
Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Haneda Int'l Airport to Shinjuku beween 430pm and 630pm

Thanks Folks. That's a lot of information within such a short time - thank you very much indeed.

Dave 148, the website of the hotel doesn't say anything, unfortunately.

It was an oversight on my part to commit to arriving at around that time, actually. It would be my first time arriving at Haneda, which is why I will need a little more than an hour upon arrival to get hooked up to the wireless network, exchange JR Pass etc before leaving the airport.

Since I am not familiar, I think it would seem wiser to go for the limo since both Shibuyakko and Bibimbob do not see any issue with traffic congestion along the Haneda/Shinjuku route as opposed to the Narita/Shinjuku route around that time.

Taking the trains, although significantly more economical, involves a couple of transfers with my luggages and the human traffic that I will need to compete with might prove a little inconvenient.

Thank you very much.

Mentioned in this post
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Narita
Narita
Chiba Prefecture, Japan
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,431 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Haneda Int'l Airport to Shinjuku beween 430pm and 630pm

If you don't intend on taking the train immediately, you don't have to exchange the Pass at HND right away. Just hop onto a limobus to Shinjuku. The Pass can be exchanged at Shinjuku station between 8am to 7pm.

http://www.japanrailpass.net/en/exchange.html

Edited: 05 May 2016, 12:44
Mentioned in this post
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Haneda Int'l Airport to Shinjuku beween 430pm and 630pm

Oh ok, Sammyfloyd. Thanks 😊

10. Re: Haneda Int'l Airport to Shinjuku beween 430pm and 630pm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2017, 13:16