We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haneda to Shinjuku station by train at 11pm

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Haneda to Shinjuku station by train at 11pm

Do i need 1 train ticket or multiple train tickets to get from Haneda airport to Shinjuku. At 11pm will there be crowds at airport and transfer stations as this is my first trip to Tokyo. Thank you

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,559 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Haneda to Shinjuku station by train at 11pm

EZ-link card in Tokyo http://www.pasmo.co.jp/en/

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
56,611 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haneda to Shinjuku station by train at 11pm

Take the limobus. You will find them right outside the arrival hall through the glass doors. They cost a few hundred Yen more but gives you a no fuss journey to Shinjuku station. Buses will still be running for your arrival time with the very last departure at 2:20am!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haneda to Shinjuku station by train at 11pm

Thank you. But my final destination is Odawara station on the Odakyu line. So taking train will be more convenient. I am concern if I have to buy multiple train tickets as there are so many different train companies involved.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
56,611 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Haneda to Shinjuku station by train at 11pm

You cannot possibly reach Odawara on the same night so it's irrelevant whether you choose the train or bus to Shinjuku.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Haneda to Shinjuku station by train at 11pm

If you arrived in Haneda at 11pm, you cannot make your way to Odawara on the same night as trains stop operation around midnight. You will have to stay a night in Tokyo and make your way to Odawara the next morning.

You definitely have to buy different tickets to get to Odawara from Haneda as the trains are operated by different companies. You can only buy the train ticket to Odawara on the Odakyu Line when you are in Shinjuku Station

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
26,023 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Haneda to Shinjuku station by train at 11pm

Why do you have to take the Odakyu Line from Shinjuku to reach Odawara? It's not a good way to go from Haneda. A better way is to take the Keikyu Line to Shinagawa then JR to Odawara.

If you arrive early and catch the 23:41 Keikyu train, you can then connect to the last Tokaido Line train (00:04) to Odawara arriving at 01:21. Personally I recommend staying near HND and head to Odawara in the morning.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
24,056 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Haneda to Shinjuku station by train at 11pm

Missing that last train would be so much fun:

Lost hotel night in Odawara, having to find accommodation in Tokyo, at midnight. Or sleep outside the station I suppose.

8. Re: Haneda to Shinjuku station by train at 11pm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2017, 13:17