We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shinjuku Granbell Hotel vs. JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Shinjuku

San Diego...
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel vs. JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Shinjuku

Hi!

I'll have a couple days after a business trip to explore a bit of Tokyo and want to stay in Shinjuku. I'm interested in being in an active area that is within walking distance to bars, restaurants, people watching and close to public transport. I definitely want to check out a cat cafe, Yoyogi Prak, maybe a themed restaurant, eat delicious food. I'll likely wander the streets to people watch as well. I think I've narrowed my hotel choices down to Shinjuku Granbell Hotel and JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Shinjuku. Which one would would you recommend? Are they about the same in terms of location and surroundings? Any other hotels I should consider? Budget is 20,000 - 35,000 yen/night.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
61,804 posts
171 reviews
11. Re: Shinjuku Granbell Hotel vs. JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Shinjuku

I always return the card key anyway. The key is reusable so less waste for the environment.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
12. Re: Shinjuku Granbell Hotel vs. JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Shinjuku

Thank you so much for all your feedback and guidance! My apologies for the delay in responding. I haven't had a chance to logon to Tripadvisor for a couple of days. I booked a room at the Hotel Century Southern Tower. I am going to try to post a separate thread in the coming week with my projected itinerary to see if it makes sense.

Really great tip about the hotel key! I usually return them to the hotel anyhow, but I'll be extra careful with mine this time :)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
61,804 posts
171 reviews
13. Re: Shinjuku Granbell Hotel vs. JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Shinjuku

CST is a great hotel. You won't be disappointed. I will be staying there again in a few weeks (lost count how many times I have stayed there myself!).

14. Re: Shinjuku Granbell Hotel vs. JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Shinjuku

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2017, 12:16