We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karon Beach & Ao Nang

Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Karon Beach & Ao Nang

Hi!

we have booked to come to Thailand for the first time over christmas for our honeymoon. we will be staying in the centara beach resort in Karon beach for 5 nights and then heading to Krabi to stay for 4 nights.

I have a few questions:

1. we want to do an island tour to see Phi Phi etc. Would it matter, price and time wise if we book it whilst we are staying in Karon or Krabi? can anyone recommend a tour that is semi private?

2. what is the best way to get from Karon to Krabi? im thinking a private taxi/transfer would be the best as i have seen prices for around 3000b so it doesnt seem to cost much more for 2 people than getting the boat and busses. we also need to get back to Phuket airport from Krabi so im thinking if i book via a transfer company we could get some sort of deal for all transfers?

3. has anyone ever visited the phuket elephant sanctuary and can recommend how to get there and back?

Any help and info would be greatly appreciated! we are very excited to visit this beautiful place!

Mentioned in this post
Karon Beach
Karon Beach
5,773 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
942 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
500 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
6 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Karon Beach & Ao Nang

Karon and Krabi will give you similar prices because they're more or less equidistant to Phi Phi.

Best is private transfer, sure. If you want to save money, bus to Phuket Town, taxi to pier, buy boat ticket at pier. Total about 700-800 baht (for one person). 2 people about 1400-1500.

Mentioned in this post
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
942 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Karon Beach & Ao Nang

thanks!

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
43 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Karon Beach & Ao Nang

The ferry transfer from Karon to Ao Nang is lovely, Better than stuck in a car for hours, Relax and get the sun up on deck of the ferry or stay in the air-conditioned lounge, Its also great value for money

Mentioned in this post
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Karon Beach & Ao Nang

thanks Pat - does the ferry leave from Karon beach itself or would we need to get a taxi to somewhere else?

Mentioned in this post
Karon Beach
Karon Beach
5,773 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Karon Beach & Ao Nang

You catch the ferry from Rassada Pier, easy to catch a taxi from Karon. I bought my ticket online before as the pier can get a bit busy. Love this ferry trip. ticket should include transfer to your accomodation. Check out phuket ferry website :)

Mentioned in this post
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Karon Beach & Ao Nang

Thanks for the advice!

Reply to: Karon Beach & Ao Nang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted