We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orizaba places to stay and outdoor adventures

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
186 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Orizaba places to stay and outdoor adventures

We are going to be in Orizaba for a few days in August. We are looking for a moderate priced place to stay for our family of four with two teenagers. We are also hoping to hike while in the area and do other outdoor adventures. But information is hard to come by, so any tips about the area are very welcome.

4 replies to this topic
San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
7,984 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orizaba places to stay and outdoor adventures

My Descubre Mexico guide to Veracruz recommends an area 30-60km from Orizaba called Sierra de Zongolica. The two main villages are Tequila (not the famous one!) and Zongolica. I am sure if you google them, you will find some info online. There are also photos in the book of a waterfall called El Elefante and of springs at somewhere called Matzinga. They look very attractive, and I am sure you'd find local buses going to them. if you do, please post back. It's an area I want to visit myself sometime.

There are 11 hotels and B&Bs on the TA Orizaba pages. Check out the reviews to see if any suit.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
186 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orizaba places to stay and outdoor adventures

Thanks for your reply. I am looking into Sierra de Zongolica. I had already found the waterfall and springs and they are near Orizaba and easy to reach. There is also a zipline near the falls which my son is very excited about.

I will post more when I go there and let you know anything else I learn.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
186 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orizaba places to stay and outdoor adventures

I will post an update on our visit to wonderful Orizaba.

California
Level Contributor
991 posts
1,688 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orizaba places to stay and outdoor adventures

Still waiting on that update!

Reply to: Orizaba places to stay and outdoor adventures
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orizaba