We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski in ski out or near echigoyuzawa station

Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Ski in ski out or near echigoyuzawa station

Hi again all :)

I need opinion regarding the above. My family and I plan to visit Yuzawa on 24th Dec. Main purpose is to see and play snow or sledding.

I know it's a matter of preference, however I have never been to a ski in ski out place so kinda need input.

In my mind, ski in ski out mean I'll be in the middle of the slopes, so I get to play snow right outside the hotel. Also waking up to see snow all over (at least I hope that will be the view in Dec25th).

However, it may not be convenient to find food (the place that I'm considering only have 1 other restaurant nearby).

Comparing to a place near station, I imagine theree won't be snow around but more convenient.

So any advice is welcome. Even recommendation of place to stay (budget max 15000yen/pax incl. bfast and dinner).

Thank You.

4 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
100 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski in ski out or near echigoyuzawa station

I would say Gala Yuzawa, the bullet extension from Echigo Yuzawa will get you in the middle of the snow and in front of ski slope.

As for the place to stay, you can see: https://www.tripadvisor.com/HotelsNear-g1119…

Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski in ski out or near echigoyuzawa station

Thank You Gkitazum :)

Do you mean finding a place near Gala Yuzawa station? Will I see snow around / nearby Gala Yuzawa station on Dec 24th?

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski in ski out or near echigoyuzawa station

There aren't any hotels at Gala. The shinkansen stops there and it is connected to the ski gondola. I suggest you stay one stop before, in the eichigo yuzawa station area. Lots of hotels and restaurants. You can even get a lift ticket for the 3 mountains in the area (Yuzawa kogen, Gala & one more I can't remember). The mountains are all connected by lifts. You absolutely have to check out the awesome sake tasting room in the station before you leave!

P.S. there will be snow everywhere!!!

Edited: 19 November 2017, 11:12
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,093 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski in ski out or near echigoyuzawa station

just to play snow and sledding there is no need to stay in a hotel with ski in/out, there are indeed plenty of hotels/ryokans in the Yuzawa onsen town, where there are shuttle buses ferrying skiers to ski resorts around, including Gala.

Search on snowjapan.com and zoom into Yuzawa for all the ski resorts there.

>>lift ticket for the 3 mountains in the area (Yuzawa kogen, Gala & one more I can't remember).

the 3rd one is Isiuchi Maruyama

refer to my last ski there in Feb 2017.

japantravelinsights.com/2017/…

Reply to: Ski in ski out or near echigoyuzawa station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yuzawa-machi