We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Marabella

Denver, Colorado
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting to Marabella

I have reservations at the Sanctuary in Marabella in February . I was wondering what the roads are like getting there from the airport in Liberia.I have heard mixed things.

.Is it worth renting a car or should I take a shuttle both ways. I would like to do the most economical thing.

Also, are there places to buy groceries instead of eating at the resort? What kind of activities are around the area.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Ellen Entwisle (ellenentwisle@comcast.net)

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Marabella

Sorry, but never have heard of this place. Had to look it up! From what I can see, there isn't much there but perhaps someone can help who has actually been there.

What "mixed things" have you heard? I know some of the roads to get to that area are good but not sure about the roads near Marbella. Sometimes the roads to tiny beach towns can be rough rocks or gravel.

If I were going there, I would want to rent a car so I could "escape" the resort now and then. But... that's just me.

2. Re: Getting to Marabella

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2011, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Marbella
Recent Conversations