We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is kriens from lucerne railway station?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Topic
How far is kriens from lucerne railway station?

I was thinking abt staying in hotel bellevue on mt pilatus for one day on 17th nov 2015. We will go back to lucerne city on 18th nov in morning by 11 am. I want to know if its a good idea to stay up there in nov for one day. We will reach the hotel by 2 .30 pm on 17th nov as we will be coming from milan. My second ques is , during nov does cable car operate and whr do we need to go from railway station in order to reach kriens.

6 replies to this topic
Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,130 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is kriens from lucerne railway station?

The answer to "how do I get there" you can always find in the SBB website:

www.sbb.ch/en

The trip planner there can plan trips between any two points in Switzerland, and from most railway stations in Euzrope. And you can enter street adresses, and often even hotel names in the trip planner. This will provide you with all the transportation info you need.

+7/18 november both the cable car and the railway will be operating up the Pilatus. It will probanly be rather quiet up there, and remember it gets dark early.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,974 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is kriens from lucerne railway station?

Hi Prasun09

I was thinking abt staying in hotel bellevue on mt pilatus for one day on 17th nov 2015

On top of Mt. Pilatus it will be extremely calm in the evening when the cable car is no more operating. If you like this it would be OK to stay there, if you prefer to walk around in the evening I would rather recommend to stay in a hotel at Lucerne - www.lusern.com -.

pore

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is kriens from lucerne railway station?

Pore does it snow in November. Weather is a concern for me. We want to do some extreme activity. Can we do paragliding from mt pilatus in nov?? Also can you suggest how can we do a helicopter ride in a lowest possible cost.???

Can a helicopter land on mount pilatus. Can we do a trip where after reaching lucerne train station, we can directly go to helicopter with our bags and reach mt pilatus???

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is kriens from lucerne railway station?

And any idea what kind of weather do I get in November in lucerne? What's the temperature?

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,974 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is kriens from lucerne railway station?

Impossible to predict. Normaly it is cool (on top of the mountains freezing in the night). Snowfall is possible. Look at …admin.ch/home/…current-weather.html or load the swiss meteo or MeteoPro app.

pore

Spiez, Switzerland
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How far is kriens from lucerne railway station?

There is no praagliding from Pilatus. And private helicopter flights are prohibited in order to protect the otherwise anyhow too stressed natural environement.

Either you hike or take cable cars/funiculairs.

Reply to: How far is kriens from lucerne railway station?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kriens