We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport from Lamezia airport

Liechenstein
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
public transport from Lamezia airport

Hope to visit here next June. We do not want to rent a car and will have to rely on public transport. I am trying to figure out how we will get to Scilla from Lamezia airport. I gather it will involve a train and bus, or maybe just a bus ? Any help and advice would be welcomed.

Many thanks,

Grace

3 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,530 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public transport from Lamezia airport

Direct trains (coming from Paola and with final destination Reggio di Calabria) from Lamezia Terme Centrale take 1h08 to Scilla and leave LTC at roughly 10 minutes past each hour. There are also a couple at other times (you didn't mention what time you were arriving) where you have to change at Gioa Tauro.

There is a shuttle from the airport to the station, see www.sacal.it/index.php…

Unless you want to go for a private transfer: http://www.lovecalabria.com/autobus.aspx

Liechenstein
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: public transport from Lamezia airport

Thanks for this. Does the train stop in Scilla ? Can I then get a train form Scilla to Tropea a few days later ? Will check out the private transfer too.

Thanks again

Grace

Leesburg, Fl
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: public transport from Lamezia airport

Is there any kind of transportation other than private carrier that goes to Caulonia or Placanica? Train or bus?

Reply to: public transport from Lamezia airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Scilla