We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A place to stay in Scilla

Hammond, Indiana
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A place to stay in Scilla

Hi, My husband and I are looking for a place to stay the night in or near Scilla with secure parking, preferably close to the accomodation to minimize dragging luggage thru the old town. We will be there in mid December. Any help would really be appreciated. Thank you, Velda

Mentioned in this post
Scilla
Scilla
Province of Reggio Calabria, Italy
4 replies to this topic
Troy,AL
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A place to stay in Scilla

I will be in Sicily the last of May and want to know which is the most hassle free car rental.

Hammond, Indiana
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: A place to stay in Scilla

Hi, We rented our car at the Naples airport and returned it there as well. It was very easy. We spent 2 weeks driving that car around Sicily but did not pick it up or drop it off in Sicily so I can't advise you on that. I will say that a car is great to have for touring Sicily. So much freedom and the roads are, for the most part, great. I would suggest renting from/thru AutoEurope or Costco if you are a member. AutoEurope will generally beat any rate you are able to secure with another rental source - even Costco. The AutoEurope # is: 800-223-5555. They are consolidators so you pay them in advance but they secure your car thru Hertz or Avis or Budget or whomever. They provide you with a prepaid voucher that you present, upon pick-up, to whichever company they have set you up with. Hope that helps and enjoy Sicily. Velda

Mentioned in this post
Sicily
Sicily
Italy
Troy,AL
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A place to stay in Scilla

thanks

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
112,080 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A place to stay in Scilla

Thanks for your report HammondPicks and hopefully you also enjoyed your holiday nateskipper!

Vagabonda

Reply to: A place to stay in Scilla
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Scilla