We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bandari Resort - any construction disruption from next door?

London
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
Bandari Resort - any construction disruption from next door?

Hiya

I've booked a holiday to stay at Bandari Resort & Spa at end April '10 and have been informed there is some construction work at the hotel next door (Antarna?). I have been reassured that the hotel has blocked off the villas most affected by the work and our room at the back of the hotel will suffer minimal disruption.

All reviews seem great and no-one has commented on this - but just wondered if anyone has experienced any problems (unless the work hasn't started yet...)?

Thx

West Yorkshire
4 posts
1. Re: Bandari Resort - any construction disruption from next door?

Dear Misspotatohead

I am assuming you mean the Bandara in Bo Phut. If you scroll down about 14 posts you will find a whole lot of replies to my query about the same hotel all of whom have similar concerns.

Unfortunately we have yet to receive a response from anyone who has visited the hotel recently. However a guy called Tim Cooke who is part of the hotel "Brass" has taken the time to respond to our concerns (reply #17).

On the basis of his response we are going ahead and make a reservation for April.

It looks like the earliest we will get a real time report is when Kit33R gets out there in mid Feb.

Cheers

London
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Bandari Resort - any construction disruption from next door?

Hiya

Thanks for your response, I've found the posts and it's really helpful (first time I've used a forum on this website, so it's obviously worth it!).

It doesn't look like it's too major then - I know the hotel advised our tour operator that they've blocked off the villas (not renting them at all) that are affected, and as we've been allocated a room at the back of the hotel - we shouldn't hear any disturbance...But it's good to get an understanding of what construction is going on.

Can't wait for April now!

Hope you enjoy your holiday :-)

sydney
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
3. Re: Bandari Resort - any construction disruption from next door?

Hi Misspotatohead

I will be at Bandara resort in 2 weeks time for a week so as soon as I get back I will post on the forum as seems to be alot of concern people.

The resort has just got a bad review posted yesterday on the forum about the villas, which I have booked. So I do find that a bit alarming !!!!!

London
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Bandari Resort - any construction disruption from next door?

Hi Kit33r

I wouldn't be too worried about that bad review - it seems they had one unfortunate experience which isn't likely to happen to everyone, and given the majority of the reviews are very good, I'd just look forward to your holiday! Plus everyone has their own standards.

It would be great if you could post something on the forum when you return. I really do hope you enjoy your holiday, and my view is to remain positive and if there is any disturbance from the construction work - at least it's during the day, not night!

Suffolk
2 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Bandari Resort - any construction disruption from next door?

There is construction work next door but it is due to complete in April so we were told. Not good when we were there, a romantic meal in the restaurant was ruined by the sound of equipment going late into the night.

Once complete the hotel, a Nora hotel, looks as though it will be fantastic.

6. Re: Bandari Resort - any construction disruption from next door?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2010, 13:16