We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glitter bay estate

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Glitter bay estate

Just slightly confused I am looking to rent an apartment as advertised on the glitter bay estate. Is glitter bay estate the same place as royal glitter bay. I know they are both in porters but have they got separate facilities or are they essentially the same place just under a different name. Cheers

10 replies to this topic
Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,536 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glitter bay estate

The original Glitter Bay estate was the private residence of Sir Edward Cunard I believe.... it later became a hotel and then it became a condo complex --- there certainly are beautiful condos there --- maybe there are villas in the same area called Royal Glitter Bay??..... sorry I only know the condos (apartments) --- on lovely Alleynes Beach --- VERY confusing as the reviews call them condos

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g118…

Edited: 29 August 2017, 23:41
Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glitter bay estate

Cheers. I possibly think there are different managment companies who own various condos on the estate calling them slightly different names ie royal glitter bay or just glitter bay

Edited: 29 August 2017, 23:46
Leyburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glitter bay estate

It may have become mixed up some years ago as Glitter Bay (previously a hotel and now condos)is next door to Royal Pavillion. Something in the back of my mind from the early 80s makes me think both properties were at one time owned by the same company ? The Pemberton's ?? They were involved in a lot of things back then.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,536 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glitter bay estate

Yes the Pembertons certainly had Royal Pavilion - she (Lynn?) wrote about about it

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,100 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glitter bay estate

Royal Glitter Bay and Glitter Bay are one and the same place, Some condos are managed by one Management company, some by another who call them Royal, and many by the private owners who just call them Glitter Bay.

I have several friends who are owners there, and none of them call their condos "Royal" I suspect it is affectation on the part of a Management company.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,536 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glitter bay estate

Thanks Westie - I just couldn't visualize any "Villas" there ...(why do some people call condos (apts) "Villas" - when they are Suites not stand alone "houses"?? - VOBT does it too!)

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,100 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glitter bay estate

Sounds posher ASO---------------we could do it too Ha Ha British people don't always know the difference between Apartments and condos. In that Apartments have a Reception and only one main entrance per block to gain access to all living accommodation, whereas Condos each have individual access Their own front door ------------ and no Reception.

Villas , on the other hand IMO are individual houses st apart from each other in their own land.

PS Mike Pemberton did indeed own F RP and Glitter Bay at one time. Glitter Bay was built as condos, changed to a Hotel then re-licensed as Condos again, although some condos including the beautiful beachfront ones were always kept as condos by the original owners.

Edited: 30 August 2017, 03:21
Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,536 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Glitter bay estate

Yes Villas are "stand alone" in my vocab too! - But some can be Condos too - eg. the 6 villas at Emerald Beach are a condo complex....

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,100 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Glitter bay estate

PS As far as I know, Mike Pemberton actually built Glitter Bay and that is according to a good friend who used to have a Restaurant on our road and she and her husband were brought to Barbados by Mike himself.

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Glitter bay estate

Most of the apartments are managed by Barbados villa services and on trip advisor the apartments are listed as Glitter Bay Suites. Check out 312 Shells the most recently refurbished.

Reply to: Glitter bay estate
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Porters