We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel From Sihanoukville?

Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Travel From Sihanoukville?

Any suggestions for travelling from Sihanoukville? What is the best route to travel to access the island?

5 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,556 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel From Sihanoukville?

Sihanoukville is in Cambodia, why not ask the Cambodian forum?

Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
181 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel From Sihanoukville?

Easy to take a bus to the border and then come to Phu Quoc by Boat. They can arrange in shnville at most tour/travel shops.

Level Contributor
742 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel From Sihanoukville?

Very easy, take the van about 10 USD to Ha Tien. At the drop off the sales persons will jump you and also try to sell tuktuk transfers on the island.

You can also book directly to the Island when in SHV. It is a very well organized business.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel From Sihanoukville?

I intend to do this from hcmc to phu qhoc then to s/ville. Do i need a visa and where can i get from. Thanks

Level Contributor
371 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel From Sihanoukville?

Hi

Cathy:-

The best route is to take a bus to Ha Tien and then buy your Superdong tickets. Do not get a combined ticket as it has been known for people to miss the boat due to delays both on the road and at the border. I would recommend Oasis Bar for any help you need in getting ferry tickets. Ferry tickets are 230,000VND and they are stamped that so you should not pay any extra.

Sam:-

VISA for where? Phu Quoc = NO. Cambodia = YES. Read the thread:-

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g63552…

for details about bus to S/ville. Again, Oasis Bar will be happy to help. The VISA for Cambodia IS $35USD and you get it at the border. You will need an extra $2USD if you do not have a passport photo plus $1USD if the doctor is there. Read this thread for details about crossing the border:-

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g63552…

Disardo

Reply to: Travel From Sihanoukville?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Duong Dong
Recent Conversations