We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olhosd'agua vs Alvor

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Olhosd'agua vs Alvor

Myself and hubby have been to Alvor the last 2 years. We love the quaint feeling of the place, the restaurants are cheap and excellent quality. We love the beach too, very quiet.

We are looking at going back in June again but someone told me about Olhosd'agua.

Can anyone tell me how they compare? I don't want to be disappointed if we choose somewhere different.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Alvor
Alvor
Portimao, Portugal
24 replies to this topic
Whitehaven, United...
Level Contributor
429 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Olhosd'agua vs Alvor

Thanks for the tip Simon we booked Falésia Mar with Jet2 and all loved the breakfasts, the sea view room and pool activities. But now they only have the Falésia Garden on offer.

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
166 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Olhosd'agua vs Alvor

I like both but for me i think Alvor has a better choice of restaurants and bars

Mentioned in this post
Alvor
Alvor
Portimao, Portugal
IRELAND
Level Contributor
22 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Olhosd'agua vs Alvor

I love Olhas. Been there 4 times and going back next September to Hotel Porto Bay Falesia. Lovely hotel with 129 steps down to the most beautiful beach. Fabulous walks every day. Never been to Alvor so I cannot comment.

Im glad you put the reference to the pubs in inverted commas. Im Irish and never visit those pubs abroad which are generally owned by people who have no connection with my home country..

Olas is a lovely laid back resort with a village feel and ample restaurants. It is a short taxi ride to Albufeira old town with its quirky streets, entertainment and plenty of restaurants.

Mentioned in this post
Falesia  Beach
Falesia Beach
4,426 Reviews
Olhos de Agua, Portugal
Alvor
Alvor
Portimao, Portugal
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
cornwall
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Olhosd'agua vs Alvor

We have been going to cabbanas and olhos de agua for many years like somewhere quietish villlage like .also have been tavira couple times which we love we are now looking for some new places in the algarve .have been looking Alvor and that area ,any ideas for our new adventure

Thanks caz

Mentioned in this post
Alvor
Alvor
Portimao, Portugal
Reply to: Olhosd'agua vs Alvor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Olhos de Agua
More Olhos de Agua Topics