We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

glasgow
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

Has anyone seen what’s open in Olhos D’Agua. Coming over on Saturday night and would be good to know. We were let down for our Christmas Day dinner so hoping I can get to supermarket early on Christmas Eve and find something I can cook, hoping Intermarche is open on Christmas Eve.

31 replies to this topic
Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

we have 8 spaces left for christmas dinner nr the strip in oura

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
55,250 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

Failing that good offer, the Intermarché supermarket in Olhos De Água will be open until around 5 or 6pm on Sunday 24th.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

With the cottage offer and reports of 20 degree temperatures I hope you lot realize how frustrating it is for us Algarve lovers having to stay at home this christmas , but at least we will have some snow to look at !

glasgow
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

Thanks for that great offer, we haven’t hired a car this time so might be harder to get there, don’t fancy walking it.

glasgow
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

Thanks Cubsur, good to know it will be open.

glasgow
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

Here’s hoping we do get the good weather as Scotland has been so cold. I’m sure you will get to see the sun soon in the Algarve.

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Algarve
Algarve
Portugal
Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
585 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

Scottishlass,

Arrived early hours yesterday leaving the freezing fog in Manchester behind! We haven’t been down into Olhos yet, but hope to go tomorrow daytime. If not, we will almost certainly be there before Saturday, so I will have a look what is open. Don’t know where you are based, but we checked all the places near to us in Roja Pe last night, and there are only a handful open but enough to see us through. Those open at this end (apart from their normal day off) are: Laranjal, Casa do Frango, S Martinos, Pinhal, Brother’s Bar, O Antonio’s, Casa Falesia, Casa Branca Bar and Olimpico.

My husband had to take the bus to Albufeira yesterday, and he said that both Nelson’s and Cafe Creme Cafeteria were both closed up when he passed.

Last night we ate at S Martinos in Roja Pe, and they said that they will be closed on Christmas Eve, but open on Christmas Day. Last year we ate there Christmas Eve but they have decided to close for that night this year. If the Roja Pe one is open, then it is likely that the Olhos one will be too. Had an excellent steak there.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Falesia  Beach
Falesia Beach
4,425 Reviews
Olhos de Agua, Portugal
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
glasgow
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

Hi, thanks for that, we are near the Oceanus, we spoke to Nelson in October and he was telling us he was closing until Mid January. I was relying on Cafe creme being open for their nice coffee for breakfast. Hopefully we will have a few places open for us. I see the rain is coming to Olhos but better than Glasgow!

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
585 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

We were here for the same period last year, and Cafe Creme was closed when we arrived on 18th December but opened shortly before we left at the end of December. Maybe it will be the same this year.

Not difficult to see why most places close to give their staff a holiday at this time of year though. We went to O Antonio’s yesterday evening, and there were only two other couples in apart from ourselves. There were actually more staff than customers. Still had a fantastic meal though. I’m more than happy to sit and have a quiet meal in Portugal rather than join the hoards fighting for tables at this time of year back home.

It’s another beautiful morning here:-)

Mentioned in this post
glasgow
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

I’m looking forward to the peace and quiet too, nice to get away from the madness in the UK. We were in Olhos at Christmas 2 years ago and we extended the holiday until after the new year as we enjoyed it so much.

Reply to: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Olhos de Agua
More Olhos de Agua Topics