We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

glasgow
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

Has anyone seen what’s open in Olhos D’Agua. Coming over on Saturday night and would be good to know. We were let down for our Christmas Day dinner so hoping I can get to supermarket early on Christmas Eve and find something I can cook, hoping Intermarche is open on Christmas Eve.

31 replies to this topic
Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
549 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

Thank you Cooknoe for all the up to date info re Olhos.We are back on the 8th Feb for two weeks staying in the Oceanus and will look forward to information about the latest restaurant and pub openings as we get nearer to travel dates.

glasgow
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

Oceanus is getting some work done to it just now. Marissa said quite a bit getting done to it. We passed a couple of times and workmen were busy. Nelson is opening up mid January.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
279 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

His anything happening in resort anything new opening or getting done out or his anything look like it’s closed for good ??

glasgow
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

Nelsons place has a sign saying for rent but apart from that all is just the same. We came back from Olhos last night after being there just under 2 weeks.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
593 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

Came back last weekend after a lovely break. Didn’t notice anything happening in Olhos, but a lot closed for the winter.

In Acoteias at the Brothers Bar, there has been an outside room built for the smokers, and smoking banned inside at long last. Further down the road, the Hollywood Bar looks as though it has closed down.

We are going back in mid March, so will check out any changes then, as everything should be getting ready for the summer season.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
593 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

Just read on the Albufeira.com forum that Nelson’s has changed hands and due to reopen soon. It has been taken over by a couple (Nico and Maria) who ran a restaurant/bar in Albufeira. When we were last in Nelson’s, there was no sign that it was changing ownership, but then I recalled seeing post 24 on here from scottishlass, saying the place was up for rent.

Would welcome any feedback regarding the new owners (they seem to be highly regarded by the Albufeira forum members). Also, has anyone any idea if Nelson has a new place? The restaurant was such a nice friendly place, and Nelson is a real character.

Edited: 12 February 2018, 01:05
Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
549 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

I have just walked past Nelsons with a lot of cleaning etc going on.I enquired when they were opening and was told tomorrow,Saturday.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
593 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

Thanks for the update loftywex. Look forward to trying the new place when we come over. Is it a similar layout to previous (restaurant/bar)? Also does it have a new name? Any idea where Nelson has gone, no doubt someone from one of the nearby places will know. I’ll ask around when we come next month, can’t wait.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
549 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

Nico and Maria opened their new restaurant in Nelsons today and they are retaining the name.They had a place in Santa Eulalia ?? before moving here.Nelson is still about but i do not know if he is in the same business,unlikely because the name has been retained.

We dined there tonight and a more friendly welcome any where you are unlikely to get.

The menu was quite limited.I had a rack of lamb which was excellent but the plates and vegetables were not hot,we will forgive being the first night,but not cheap at 21 euros.

It would not be fair to criticise first night,i feel it will become popular when teething problems are ironed out.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
593 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua

Thanks loftywex,

Going to pay a visit when we are back in Olhos. Hope the menu isn’t overly expensive, otherwise I think they will struggle to do much business unless the food is extra special. There is quite a lot of competition around that area with the likes of Calheiros where there are always queues outside.

Are there any other apparent changes? When we were over in December, there appeared to be signs of refurbishment at the little snack bar which is just lower down from Symbiosis. I don’t know whether that has changed hands, but it has looked pretty run down for some years.

Mentioned in this post
Restaurante Calheiros
Restaurante Calheiros
833 Reviews
Olhos de Agua, Portugal
Reply to: What’s open in Olhos D’Agua
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Olhos de Agua
More Olhos de Agua Topics