We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything new?

Level Contributor
103 posts
23 reviews
Anything new?

Hi ill be back in Olhos in 7 weeks ..im wondering if any new bars or restaurants have opened in the area..

Mainly in the small strip area near oceanus..they have a new Taverna near holiday..top 10 and the captains bar

There was another empty space there..

28 replies to this topic
Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
644 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Anything new?

Hi Steve,

Nelson’s on the main street has just reopened with new owners. I understand they previously ran a bar in Albufeira. Thai Phuket has moved into the same premises as its sister restaurant Tatsumi Japones, and their old restaurant is now an Indian called Cafe Ghandi. I don’t know when you were last in Olhos, but a new Portuguese snack bar opened last summer on the street leading to Black Cats.

We were last in Olhos at Christmas, and are due to return at the end of this week. We will be visiting the area you mention whilst we are there, as our landlords office is located there. I’ll let you know if there are any other changes.

glasgow
Level Contributor
118 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Anything new?

Hi Cooknoe, that will be good to know what’s changed, we are back in May, will miss Nelson and good to know there’s another Indian.

Level Contributor
103 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Anything new?

Hi thanks for the reply...i was ij Olhos last october..interested in the new snack bar on the street leading to black cats..is it near the marble bar

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
644 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Anything new?

scottishlass, I’ll have a good look around when we get over there. Hoping a few places will be starting to open as the winter season is now at an end.

Steve, the snack bar is tucked away at the top of the beach road just past Casa Gira and the round building. It is the first place you come to (bottom of the apartment block) as you walk up the back street towards Black Cats. There is a forecourt with some tables at the front. Also, the old snack bar next to Symbiosis and the Cork shop was being stripped out when we were there in December.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
644 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Anything new?

Arrived here on Friday night, and yesterday was wild with torrential rain and wind all day and night. We are over in Acoteias, so not yet been across to Olhos, but will do so in the next couple of days. Got chatting with our transfer driver though, and he is from Olhos. He told us that the place next door to the Cork shop which was being refurbished at Christmas has been taken on by the family who have Cabanas Bar. I don’t know whether it has opened yet, and exactly what they will sell, but will check it out when we go there.

Over in Roja Pe and Acoteias, San Martinos is still having building work done and so hasn’t reopened yet. Should be open by April though according to someone we were talking to. There is also a new Italian restaurant (Rustico) in the parade of shops and restaurants where Tanias and Hugos Tapas is. It is in the unit which was previously Jag Bar, and more recently Cardapio.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: Anything new?

What’s verdict on the place next to cork shop cafe bar or gift shop ??

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
644 posts
19 reviews
7. Re: Anything new?

Our walks into Olhos have been hampered by the poor weather, and a knee problem which started just after arriving here. My other half went to our landlords office earlier in the week, and there doesn’t seem to be anything else which is new around that area (near Oceanus).

Went down to Olhos the other night, and it was quiet with very few people around. The new place next to the Cork shop is not yet open but looks like it is going to be a bar/snack bar. It looks really nice and is in the premises which were previously occupied by the old snack bar (O Aquario) and the adjoining shop which was selling Moroccan goods when we were last there. I assume it has been taken over by the people who own Cabanas, as the waitress (daughter) and the waiter were outside sweeping up. I imagine it will be open within the next few weeks. Some plastering and painting also being done around by the Oasis Bar.

We’ve always said that more could be done up at the top of Rua 25 Abril, so the changes can only improve that area.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
644 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: Anything new?

Over in Acoteias, San Martinos is still undergoing refurbishment. It’s been completely gutted inside right down to new windows, building work and complete replastering. Should be really nice when it’s finished and they are currently working flat out to get it done. Further down the road, everything is now open except for the Taste of Punjab which opened last year near Hugos. The owner there did seem to be very disappointed with the footfall when we last spoke to him. Maybe he has given up, but hope not, as the food was good and very reasonable. The Italian in that block (Rustico), which is newly opened seems to be doing quite well. They must be benefiting from San Martinos being closed.

Level Contributor
103 posts
23 reviews
9. Re: Anything new?

Thanks ive been to Olhos 3 times now but not to the acoiteas area..will do when i visit in May..seems like quite a vibrant area ..are taxi ranks easy to come by in that area

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
644 posts
19 reviews
10. Re: Anything new?

Steve,

I wouldn’t exactly call it vibrant, but it is a lovely area with about fifteen to twenty restaurants and a couple of decent bars all located along the main road which is in front of the Pine Cliffs resort. You also have Baranco de Belharucas, and Falesia beaches in that area. If you were to walk, it is about fifteen to twenty minutes from the centre of Olhos. You can either follow the main road past Tavertinos and the top of the beach road, then take a right turn at the roundabout just past Laranjal restaurant. A few minutes further and you will come to the Pine Cliffs and the first of a number of restaurants which are opposite. Another five minutes walk will take you to a parade of a further eight or so restaurants. Two decent bars as well (Brothers bar, and Casa Branca which is further down the road). An alternative route is to follow the unmade road opposite Pinnoquios by the burger place. This passes the back of the Falesia Mar. You then turn left at the top, passing the villas which are being built, then right onto the main road just before S Martinos. There is a taxi rank outside the Pine Cliffs (just past the Brothers Bar). It will probably cost around 4 to 5 euros. The Eva bus also goes that way with several stops along that road, but not much cheaper than a taxi, as we found when catching the bus fro Roja Pe to Olhos (was the same fare as going to Albufeira)

Reply to: Anything new?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Olhos de Agua
Recent Conversations
More Olhos de Agua Topics