We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayak at Benagil cave

4 posts
Save Topic
Kayak at Benagil cave

Hi

This will be our first trip to Portugal! We will be coming to Olhos in August but would like to go kayaking in the caves. Can anyone recommend the best way to get to Benagil and whether to book online or when we get there? Or are there any caves that are closer and better?!

Thank you in advance!

16 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,847 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kayak at Benagil cave

I must start by pointing out that Benagil is about 20km from Olhos D'Agua as the seagull flies, 34km by road.

There is no 'best' way to get to Benagil except by car. There are only two buses a day going there, none at all at weekends. A taxi for that distance would be around €40 each way. From Olhos D'Agua two buses would be needed then a 10 minute taxi ride from the nearest town.

Benagil is top of everyone's list as it is the most picturesque of the many caves, no others even come close and I cannot think of anything 'better' closer to Olhos D'Agua.

I can't help with the kayak side of things but I am someone else will.

Edited: 18 April 2018, 15:50
Kildare
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kayak at Benagil cave

The caves tour from Pescadores beach will bring you to kayak around the caves, we did it last year. The boat collects you on the beach then transfers to a larger boat with kayaks in the entrance to the marina. You sail down the coast then you get into the kayaks and are pushed off and led through the caves for what seemed like a long long long time for my poor old arms. Really busy though you were dodging all sizes of tour boats and yachts. Lovely way to see the caves though. The stand is at the bottom of the escalators beside the segway man. Handy because you are picked up right off the beach.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,847 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kayak at Benagil cave

The Pescadores beach is the main beach in Albufeira old town, about 7km from Olhos D'Agua. I don't think there are any tours to Benagil from the beach at Olhos D'Agua.

Kildare
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kayak at Benagil cave

Sorry Cubsur forgot to mention that. Closer to Olhos than the Marina though.

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kayak at Benagil cave

Thank you for your help!

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kayak at Benagil cave

Thank you - gives us another option to consider!

scotland
Level Contributor
140 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kayak at Benagil cave

Hi, Liz, I'm sorry to include myself in this thread but, my kids are interested to do the same thing.

Could I ask MrsDKildare what's the name of the cave tour that do kayaking and if not too much, roughly how much it costs to do the cave tour with kayaking. Many thanks.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kayak at Benagil cave

It's 35 euros and it's the kiosk on the beach that you book with

South East England...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kayak at Benagil cave

v interesting all, never knew there was an option from Albufeira. How long does the whole thing take more or less, from collection to return to Albufeira?

scotland
Level Contributor
140 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kayak at Benagil cave

thanks..

Reply to: Kayak at Benagil cave
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Olhos de Agua
Recent Conversations
More Olhos de Agua Topics