We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opening Times

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Opening Times

First timers to Portugal this year. We prefer to eat quite early in the evening so just wondering what time the restaurants open in Olhos? Any must try local dishes and comments on the local wine?

Also are there any sea fishing trips worth going on?

Thanks in advance.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Opening Times

tend to open 6 to 6 .30 no fishing trips from Olhos must try local dishes are

Cataplana mixed meat and seafood stew although there are variants

Fresh Barbecued fish normaly selected from chilled display cabinet and bought by weight

Chicken Piri Piri barbecued chicken with a spicy chili flavour

for white if you like crisp dry Vinho Verde for reds good areas are Alentejo and the Douro valley but you will find the house wines in most restaurants quite palatable Vinho Branco de casa for white and Vinho tinto de casa for red

wirral
Level Contributor
481 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Opening Times

We spent part of easter in Olhos d' Agua.....

most of the restaurants near the front stayed open all day...

enjoy!!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Opening Times

sorry for crashing this post but i want to ask sunndays about the wine!

I drink sauvignon blanc normally and really struggled to find a nice wine last year in the continente supermarket. Is Vinho Verde available in the supermarket do you know? We will be arriving next week for a 3 week holiday and i want to find a nice wine!

thanks!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,288 posts
252 reviews
4. Re: Opening Times

"...Is Vinho Verde available in the supermarket do you know?..." - Yes.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Opening Times

Thanks for the replies.

I'm sure i'll sample the food and wine!

We are staying at Agua de Marinha up near the Jollies restaurant and wondered how close they are to the supermarkets? Is there a big supermarket in the village?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
8,227 posts
83 reviews
6. Re: Opening Times

Theres a large Intermarche supermarket on the main road not far from where you are staying.

7. Re: Opening Times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 03:40
Get answers to your questions about Olhos de Agua
Recent Conversations
More Olhos de Agua Topics