We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good runs for small children

Hampshire
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Good runs for small children

Hi

I go a bit glazed over when I look at a ski map - been to same ski resort for many years so knew my way round and where good slopes would be for all levels. Going to Chamrousse late season so expecting ice and slush (if any snow lweft!). Can anyone advise me in simple terms nice little route to take 4 yo beginner - who will have some lessons outthere.?

Cheers

Maxxy

4 replies to this topic
Sheffield
Level Contributor
32 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good runs for small children

Just make sure they are in an english speaking ski school! Alot of them have only French speaking instructors.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good runs for small children

Hi,

Did you go to Chamrousse this year - if so, how would you rate it? We have a 7 yr old who is a GOOD skier and wont need lessons. not sure if it is too limited, but dont want to pay extortionate lift pass rates either!!!

Thanks

Sheffield
Level Contributor
32 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good runs for small children

Yes, went in march. Plenty of good runs and tree lined. Lots of long runs and alot of challenging. Would say very good and not crowded provided you don't go in French kids hols! Very very busy!

Dublin
Level Contributor
19 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good runs for small children

I[ve been to Chamrousse a few times, partly because I'm nervous skiiing and like to know where I'm going! But my husband and kids are extremely competent and are happy with their week - my son brought two teenage friends(18 years) with him this year, it was the perfect spot, plenty of runs, plenty of snow (March), and limited apres-ski so they could have a drink in the evening but we didnt have to worry about them

Reply to: Good runs for small children
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chamrousse