We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet 2 Flights.East Midlands.

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Jet 2 Flights.East Midlands.

flew to Turkey on the 25th of May to Dalaman with JET2 from East Midlands.

At the Check in desk, I was asked about my Hand Luggage, which was a small Back Back, Weighing under the 10 kilos allowed, & I was told my Ladies Hand Bag counted as Hand luggage too, & if I wanted the Back Pack to go in the hold it would cost me £40.00p But I could not take both on board with me. As the Hand Bag held my Passport, Money, Tickets etc etc. I opted to take that & let the Back pack go in the hold.

But I then saw peoople taking Small Suit Cases as Hand Luggage, plus Ladies with a Hand Bag Plus Bigger fklight bags.

Never before have I been told this, because where does a Lady put her Purse, Passtport etc, if not in a Hand Bag, we do not have Pockets in trousers & jackets like the Men. I think its just another `Rip Off` by JET 2. To con more money out of us.

Might add, did not have the same problem cominbg home from the Dalaman Check in.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet 2 Flights.East Midlands.

Jet2 quite clearly state on their website, "You are allowed one small piece of hand baggage weighing no more than 10kg and dimensions not in excess of 56x45x25cm, including wheels and handles."

My wife puts her handbag in her hand luggage when checking in and when going onto the aircraft. That way no problem.

Always read the small print!!!

Edited: 23 June 2012, 03:45
Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet 2 Flights.East Midlands.

Thank u Scouser. I do read the small print. Learnt to do that at School!!!!!!!!Just pointing out how some check in operators allow a Small suit cases, which are bigger than the allowed size on board, & some do not allow a Hand Bag.Which is in comparison very small. Plus this has never ever happened to me before, even with JET 2.

3. Re: Jet 2 Flights.East Midlands.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Mugla
Recent Conversations