We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next years holiday prices.

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Next years holiday prices.

I was in Meadowhall yesterday, & looked in at the Thomas Cook Shop. In their window was a One Week Holiday staying B & B. in Hisaranou, in May, for two adults & one child. For £999.00p I thought that was very expensive, Hisaranou, in May. Soon it will be cheaper to return to main land europe than visit Turkey.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
8 replies to this topic
Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Next years holiday prices.

Yep, Turkey are pretty close to pricing themselves out of the holiday market.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
uk
Level Contributor
494 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Next years holiday prices.

I too agree, at the prices for next year there are now many more options open to go to other paces. Food and drink is no longer cheap in Turkey but you don't mind as normally the flights and accommodation are reasonable but this seems to be changing. We are already considering thr dreaded AI not only in Turkey but anywhere really and also looking at other countries incase these rediculously high prices don't come down!! We love Turkey and the people but with the high prices it may be just be the push we need to try elsewhere!!!

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Level Contributor
198 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Next years holiday prices.

Managed to get flights when Easyjet released their July flights for £175 return inc baggage so ended up paying same as last year, same flights went up to £318 for a few days after and are now back at about £280. No idea what they are playing at with flight prices for next year

we also booked a nice apartment for £200 a week so still managed a cheap holiday for next year

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,316 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Next years holiday prices.

Hi Lullabell,

Has you know we always do diy holidays, but for next September,booked A/Inclusive for 2 weeks,day flights,22kgs hold luggage, transfers for £534 per person, so a good cheaper holiday, staying in the " Bahar hotel " in Calis Beach, behind the Lighthouse bar on the prom.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Next years holiday prices.

hi lindylou_sa

<<<<. Food and drink is no longer cheap in Turkey<<<

while alcohol yes can be expensive in Turkey ( wine and imported drinks ) I disagree that food is also expensive...it all depends on which resort you visit..if you go to the resorts that cater for package tours and that are more toursty you will pay higher prices..however if you visit smaller resorts..then I do believe food costs run par and are quite normal.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
uk
Level Contributor
494 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Next years holiday prices.

Hi Canmom I agree with you food is not expensive what I meant was food is now a lot more expensive than it used to be, but we don't mind the food costs as we always only eat Turkish and like the locantas etc and ofcourse the quality is always good. The problem we have for next year is the cost of the flights combined with food prices that are not as cheap as before. For next year the airfares are over £100 more for each person than they

were for this year. We are looking at the bodrum peninsula this year but to Dalaman they are the same prices.

Mentioned in this post
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Next years holiday prices.

The apartments we stay in in September have gone up by 14 euro a night for next year.when we asked why we were told wages & electricity have gone up 20%.This rise means we will possibley have one holiday next year & not our usual two.We have been to many lovely Turkish hotels which have charged £10 a night for B&B.Saying that I went for a meal last week and spent £25,this would have been a meal for 2 with drinks in Turkey.So there is still money to be saved.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,196 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Next years holiday prices.

The first time we went to Turkey in 1990 we paid £239 for 1 week B&B.

Until this year the package price had not gone up much as we have had a few B&B holidays for around £330 for 2 weeks over the last few years.

It seems the flight prices have rocketed and we have found it cheaper to take a package.

We have to decide between booking early or take the chance and wait until around Christmas?

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Reply to: Next years holiday prices.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mugla
Recent Conversations