We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marmaris/Bodrum Itinerary?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
82 reviews
Marmaris/Bodrum Itinerary?

Hi TAs,

My husband and I have been to the Aegean coast (Kusadasi) and the Mediterrean coast of Turkey. Would like to explore perhaps Marmaris Coast/Bodrum and/or Bodrum/Greek Islands. We like sophisticated spots with history/ruins to explore AND beauty. We find that Turkey never disappoints. If you had Aug 24-Sept 6 (13 days), what would your ideal itinerary be? I prefer to have one spot for 5 days and then maybe travel/drive to a couple of other places. Look forward to your ideas!

1 reply
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Marmaris/Bodrum Itinerary?

I would start in Dalyan or Fethiye both near Dalaman airport and slowly work my way eastwards right along the coast to Antalya,i.e. the Lycian Way.Aside from the stunning coast you can also go up into the hills to visit sites and little villages.From Fethiye you can take a ferry over to Rhodes and at Kaş you can take a ferry over Meis(Kastellorizo).

This is the most beautiful stretch of coast in the country and amongst one of the best in Europe,glorious views and packed with historical sites.

Fethiye,Kaş and Adrasan would each make good bases for sections of the coast.

That's what I would do..... if I was as lucky as you :)

Reply to: Marmaris/Bodrum Itinerary?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mugla
Recent Conversations