We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New resort in Playa Mujeres

Irving, Texas
Level Contributor
71 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
New resort in Playa Mujeres

What new resort is under construction near SPM? This is on the opposite side of SPM from Dreams.

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Scuba & Snorkeling
10 replies to this topic
Bulverde, Texas
Level Contributor
63 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New resort in Playa Mujeres

Looks like it is going to be a new Grand Palladium Costa Mujeres Resort & Spa opening in 2018. Facebook link below. https:/… They already have a map dot on Google maps although it doesn't look like it is across from SPM or the new Dreams. Hope that helps or gives you some insight.

Ballwin, Missouri
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New resort in Playa Mujeres

Thank goodness its on the other side of Secrets :) Hope Excellence can find something to do with the property between finest and dreams to keep it natural! I have seen some info on a "new" luxury resort company being formed to do some development between possibility. I guess there was a sign or something recently seen on the property

Ballwin, Missouri
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New resort in Playa Mujeres

See this link to the other resort appearing soon in PM.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g12293…

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,757 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New resort in Playa Mujeres

Looks like Playa Mujeres is getting a little built up or will be in a couple of years and even more reason to try out the likes of Oyster Bay

Did the property on the other side of TBH to the Marina ever get completed?

When we were there the last time there was some work going on and people were unsure what was being built

Ballwin, Missouri
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New resort in Playa Mujeres

Our trip to finest in may they were still working on it. It seemed to be more parts of la Amada residence. As haven't seen any mention of resorts being built.

Toronto
Level Contributor
232 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New resort in Playa Mujeres

Oh my...that's a lot of new rooms!

I hope they get a bigger security entrance to enter into Playa Mujeres area as there is going to be a lot more in and out traffic when these additional resorts come on stream.

Bulverde, Texas
Level Contributor
63 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New resort in Playa Mujeres

@takemefaraway, I don't want to ruin your sense of security about those gates but (don't get me wrong it is one of the more secure areas in and around Cancun) when you get to that first round-a-bout where the first gate is at, if you continue around past the gate cutoff there is actually a road that runs parallel to the main road that take you to all the Playa Mujeres hotels that is not guard gate controlled and actually has the ability to connect back into the road that takes you to the hotels (up by the golf club). You can actually see this on Google maps. This road allows access for the residence owners and smaller bungalow hotels further up the coast as well as hotel staff to gain a quicker access than having to go through the "security" gates everyday and all the time. There is actually a really cool locals beach further up towards the tip of the peninsula if you get a chance! Amazing Kite surfing happens up there too because the water is calm and the wind is strong. This is why there is a gate at the start of each of the individual resorts once you are past the first gate leading to them. The first one is to make guests to those resorts feel safer. I feel more safe knowing the access gate at EPM is there than the first two gates because I know they are easily bypassed. Don't want to scare but wanted you to know the truth.

Regina, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New resort in Playa Mujeres

@ryan B, would you happen to know what the water is like close to the new Riu Dunamar? We booked a trip for my husband and 2 young kids in January, but I am worried about choppy water and the kids not being able to swim. Do you know if this would be true or would it be good swimming in that area?

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
970 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New resort in Playa Mujeres

It looks fantastic, having stayed at a Palladium resort before which was good, not quite Excellence standards yet but offers options which may bring prices down for other hotels.

https:/…

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New resort in Playa Mujeres

Pelo que tenho lido, acredito que seja Catalônia Costa Mujeres da rede Catalônia Hoteles, à ser inaugurado em 2019

Reply to: New resort in Playa Mujeres
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted