We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Beloved Hotel Review & Photos

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,547 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
The Beloved Hotel Review & Photos

Hi

For those who are interested my review for our latest trip has now been published and can be found here

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReview…

See link below to the corresponding photo album

https:/…

Happy as always to answer any relevant questions

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
6 replies to this topic
Missouri
Level Contributor
82 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Beloved Hotel Review & Photos

Hi Flipflop_man! I might send you a direct message but we are literally in the middle of booking Beloved for our 40th birthdays celebration now. I was super excited and then last night, I started reading the 1 and 2 star reviews on Trip Advisor. Everyone comments on how the food is terrible or hit or miss. What do you think? People in our group are definitely passionate about having good food. Now I'm nervous! Also reviews said that for lunch, you can't just order to the pool, you have to go and sit down somewhere and swimwear is of course not allowed? Any help or advice you can give is appreciated!!

Ballwin, Missouri
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Beloved Hotel Review & Photos

Great review and Pictures, Did you get a sense of any time line for the restaurants to change and Aroma coffee bar to be open? We are in the midst of planning our next trip for May, and are torn between Casita suite with plunge pool at Beloved or EC pool view at EPM, They are similarly priced. Been a couple years since we've been back to EPM, so really leaning that way, but Beloved seems so amazing and the room looks great. Thanks!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,547 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Beloved Hotel Review & Photos

Hi

I do not really know what more I can say other what I said in my review. Overall we enjoyed all the food we had at TBH and it was all cooked the way we had ordered it. Yes we preferred many of the dinners we had at the likes of EPM & FPM where we had stayed previously prior to moving to TBH. On the reverse of that we much preferred some of the breakfasts and lunches we had at TBH compared to the other properties

Food is very subjective

They cook food on the beach every day and the chefs or F&B people normally walk around with samples of this for people to taste. We saw many people go and get some and take it back to their loungers or there is a large palapa on the beach where you can eat casually

You are also allowed to eat in the Isla Grill and El Mar in casual clothing as long as you are decent and dry and ladies have a cover up on. Men need a top with sleeves and dry shorts

there are also snacks at the Natura Bar

I have just skimmed through the first 5 /6 pages of the reviews and they are all very positive

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,547 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Beloved Hotel Review & Photos

"Did you get a sense of any time line for the restaurants to change and Aroma coffee bar to be open?"

Roberto the GM advised us that all the plans have been drawn up and the work should commence one the remodel of EPC is complete and they are a little more advanced with Oyster Bay

I would imagine that by May all will be done and dusted

Missouri
Level Contributor
82 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Beloved Hotel Review & Photos

OK thanks so much! I appreciate it!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,547 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Beloved Hotel Review & Photos

The main thing to remember is that if anything is not cooked the way you want it tell them and ask for it to be redone or replaced. Also if you want a dish with less spice or more spice or more or less seasoning tell them

They want all their guests to have good experience and if anything it not quite right they want / need contructive feedback

Edited: 28 October 2017, 02:53
Reply to: The Beloved Hotel Review & Photos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted