We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wayanad tourism with kid/infant ...

We are visiting Wayanad in first week of August for 3 nights (this means practically we have two full days for sightseeing). As we are traveling with a 2-year old kid, we can't really do too much of excursion ( hence tourist spots like Chembra peak etc are totally out of question and personally I am not too interested in Edakkal cave).

We are keeping one day aside for Banasura dam and boating (I have been to this place earlier and kinda loved it). Is 2-year old kid allowed on the speed boat?

I am wondering what to do on second day !! I am planning for Lakkidi View point, but that will not engage us for the entire day... Pookode lake though closer to this spot, seems totally non-appealing, at least from the reviews.

Please suggest a few places keeping in mind weather/season and kid's company.

6 replies to this topic
Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,254 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wayanad tourism with kid/infant ...

please check

https://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g297631…

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wayanad tourism with kid/infant ...

Karlad lake, close to Banasura is one option where you can do some adventure activities (Zipline, rock climbing etc) and Kayaking. 2 year kid is allowed but you will have to ensure safety for the kid making sure the kid wears an appropriate life jacket and you are holding the kid all the time. Park also offers slow boating. If sanctuaries are open (you will have to check right before you go) you can plan safaris at Muthanga or Tholpetty and if you are going to Tholpetty you can visit Thirunelly temple (nice drive and possibility of wildlife encounter). Visiting Uravu bamboo factory will also be a good experience.

3. Re: Wayanad tourism with kid/infant ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2017, 14:14

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Wayanad tourism with kid/infant ...

Thanks a lot Anees.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wayanad tourism with kid/infant ...

You can opt for a resort closer to one of the waterfalls with indoor activities for kids. Or stay in a jungle resort to enjoy safari with your family. Or go to Bekal instead of Wayanad.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Wayanad tourism with kid/infant ...

Hi Preeti, we will be staying for 2 nights in Sharoy and 1 night in Banasura Hill Resort. I heard Banasura has its private watrfall..let's see.

Bekal is definitely on my mind (have visited it in the past and is a v good place) ...but will club it with coorg + murdeshwar on my next trip.

Edited: 15 June 2017, 15:00
Reply to: Wayanad tourism with kid/infant ...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kalpetta