We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kilmessan to Dublin

Merseyside
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kilmessan to Dublin

I am attending a wedding in Kilmessan and was wondering which is the best way to get from there into Dublin. I would like to stay a night in Dublin if you can recommend anywhere. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
4 replies to this topic
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,620 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kilmessan to Dublin

where is Kilmessan?

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kilmessan to Dublin

KIlmessan is in County Meath, roughly between Dunshaughlin and Trim. It's about 25 miles from central Dublin. Bus is probably the only way of getting to central Dublin. I don't know if there are any services to Kilmessan but if you could get to either Trim or Dunshaughlin, you could get a bus from either location. See www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=238#Meath for details of available services.

Mentioned in this post
County Meath
County Meath
Province of Leinster, Ireland
Trim
Trim
County Meath, Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kilmessan to Dublin

Hi Lillyshell

I'm assuming you are attending a wedding at the Station House Hotel in Kilmessan. If so, you are in for a treat. It is a lovely, quaint, comfy place with great food. http://www.thestationhousehotel.com/ Anytime I visit, I always wish I lived further away so that I could say for a night or two (especially in wintertime as it's so cosy!)

Funny, Domhnall says it is roughly between Dunshaughlin and Trim (it is), but I always class Kilmessan as in the environs of Navan. If you are travelling by car, it is an easy drive back to the N3/M3 and a straight road into the city centre.

However, if you dont have your own transport, a couple of suggestions would be to take a provincial bus into Navan, and take a connection bus to Dublin. The Bus Eireann Route 135 services Kilmessan www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202395126-135.pdf From Navan Route 107 & 108 services the route to Dublin www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202395126-135.pdf www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202395126-135.pdf

The hotel (or wherever you are staying) may be able to suggest which busses may stop on the N3 around Garlow Cross and perhaps some others from the Wedding party could drop you to the bus-stop. I know that some of the busses stop, but wouldnt be sure if they all do. (probably the easier option of the two)

Even better if you could befriend some of the others attending the wedding who may be good enough to drop you into the city - less than 45 minutes away.

Hope you have a great time :-)

Mentioned in this post
The Station House Hotel
The Station House Hotel
638 Reviews
Kilmessan, Ireland
Trim
Trim
County Meath, Ireland
Navan
Navan
County Meath, Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Merseyside
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kilmessan to Dublin

Thank you for that information its very helpful. Yes, you got it right! I am going to a wedding and staying a night at the Station House Hotel. Then a night in Dublin centre.

I am really looking forward to it, and more so now with what you've said about the hotel! Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
The Station House Hotel
The Station House Hotel
638 Reviews
Kilmessan, Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Reply to: Kilmessan to Dublin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kilmessan
Recent Conversations