We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which beach to get married at???

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
601 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Which beach to get married at???

Hey all!

As you may remember, I have planned my wedding weekend to be at Villa Paradise in November. Now that the date is approaching, we are focusing on the ceremony. My fiance really wants to get married on the beach and our villa's beach will not accommodate that. We are doing the reception at the villa.

I know that all beaches are public and we hear that Shoal Bay East is the finest beach on the island so we are considering doing it there. Do you guys think this is feasible? We would obviously have to bring in chairs, and all of the ceremony items required...just wondering WHERE exactly to do it and how it would go down. There will be about 50 people involved.

Another option is to do it at the Cap Juluca beach - but they want $1,000 to "rent out" their beach for the ceremony, even though it won't be private and offer no rain back up.

I'm at a loss here and would really appreciate some friendly advise!

Thanks so much,

Lavendula

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which beach to get married at???

You can use SBE for free, certainly if you move away from the area where the bars (and beach chairs) are so that you are not blocking anybody's business.

My favourite spot is the corner in the middle of nowhere. Access the beach, for example, Elodias and then walk to the right where there is a perfectly private spot. It would be a bit of a schlep with chairs and such.

We got married there with a very small group, and did not bother with chairs or anything. Signing the register required one of the witnesses to bend over so that we could use his back as support. Added a nice touch of course.

Walking back to Elodias (taking pictures along the way) we got some nice applause and congrats from the few people on the beach. And Elodias gave us some free drinks by way of congratulations. I can't say that would apply to a party to 50 though...

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which beach to get married at???

Don't you want the one big day of your entire life to be as carefree and easy as possible?

Certainly beautiful Shoal Bay East has that wonderful spot waaaaaaay down the beach but what an impossibly tough haul for you all on your special day.

Make it easy on yourself and let CJ do what they do so very well in the most romantic spot in AXA and arguably in the entire Caribbean!

Then you can spend the entire rest of your stay at Shoal Bay if you want to.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful, feet-in-sand wedding day.

:-)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
484 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which beach to get married at???

Have you hired a wedding planner to help you at all? They might be the best in the know in how to help you in case it rains. It did on my wedding day in Anguilla- although only for about five minutes around 6pm. Its best to be prepared though!

And I second the Cap Juluca beach idea. :)

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
496 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which beach to get married at???

Hi There & Congratulations to you both ! While vacationing on anguilla this past May we stayed on Meads bay at Turtle's Nest & was on the beach while a wedding took place down at Carimar's, They had a lovely Gazebo set up on the beach with a guitar player sitting under the gazebo while the Lovely Mary Richardson officiated the ceremony. Quite Beautiful on Gorgeous Meads Bay ! took a few pic's if you would like to see them. Good Luck & know any beach you choose will be breathtaking !

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
601 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which beach to get married at???

I do have a wedding planner so I wouldn't have to set up the chairs or the huppah - in fact the florist would do it. She has never done a wedding outside of a villa or resort.

I just wonder what exactly I will gain by doing it at Cap Juluca for $1,000 besides them setting up the chairs for us!? I thought maybe if we could use that funky lounge area when you first walk in to welcome people and hand out champagne to them it could be nice - but it will be public with hotel guests hanging out in there.

Our reception will be back at Villa Paradise - so factoring in transportation, the ride will be much closer to Cap then to Shoal Bay.

Help!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
484 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which beach to get married at???

Personally I think the reason to use Cap Juluca is for the service. I assume for the 1k you would get the help of their wedding planner (with the details and in case of an issue like rain maybe they would have a back up plan) as well as set up- and the addition of any elements like champagne waiting for your guests etc would just be smoothly accomplished. However it sounds like you already have a wedding planner to help you. Have they given their opinion on what would best accomplish your dream? They are the experts!

Good luck planning, I was married on Anguilla and it was wonderful! Now I get to go back for my anniversary!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which beach to get married at???

Now that you state that you have a Wedding Planner, I am really a bit confused. Isn't that the job of the planner, to advise you the best way for your needs?

Now that I have read your second post, I have actually changed my mind. I think you should stay at Shoal Bay East.

However, I still think you should consult with your Wedding PLanner and trust her judgment.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
484 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which beach to get married at???

One more quick thought- why not Rendezvous Bay? There are some lovely streches in between the hotels which would be nice for a wedding. Its very pretty and usually pretty empty (unlike Shoal Bay). Plus you'd get the view of St. Martin in the background which would be pretty. Just a thought! :)

birmingham, al
Level Contributor
202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which beach to get married at???

A $1000 to rent CJ's beach is a steal IMO...

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which beach to get married at???

I agree ... totally!