We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rondovals at Sandals Antigua

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rondovals at Sandals Antigua

I am scheduled to go to this resort on 11-29. Sandals has contacted me about an upgrade to the Rondoval. It does not have a whirlpool tub. Are they run down? are they worth the money?

Any advise?

The Villas at Sunset Lane
The Villas at Sunset Lane
#1 of 16 hotels in St. John's
Jumby Bay Island
Jumby Bay Island
#2 of 16 hotels in St. John's
Blue Waters Antigua
Blue Waters Antigua
#3 of 16 hotels in St. John's
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rondovals at Sandals Antigua

If they are the original rondovals that were built when the former Anchorage was the hotel then indeed they are old but perhaps very nice. They are on the old Sandals site with I prefer if I had to stay there...right near the beach.

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
6 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rondovals at Sandals Antigua

We had a honeymoon rondoval with a private plunge pool when we stayed there in October. It wasn't rundown but there was no phone service due to prior water damage. It ended up flooding during Hurricane Omar as well. Otherwise we loved it!

Castries, St Lucia
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rondovals at Sandals Antigua

The Luxury Ocean Villa would be the only private villa with a whirlpool. These are the updated and more mordern villas.

Wirral UK
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
863 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rondovals at Sandals Antigua

Just back today from a week here. Most of the Rondovals on the Caribbean Grove side have private plunge pools. Those that are directly on the beach I do not think have the plunge pools. Check out the Sandals web site, it has the locations of the Rondovals and those with private pools.

There are also individual cottages on the MV side, all with private pools.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rondovals at Sandals Antigua

We stayed in one of the Rondovals while in Antigua. It was only small but with a patio. I did notice that some of the Rondovals had a plunge pool. But as usual I never saw anyone in them!

I had no problem with the room whatsovever. My favourite thing about it was its proximity to the beach. In our case, at the most a hundred feet, right behind the outdoor chess set.

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
6. Re: Rondovals at Sandals Antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 01:15