We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Royal Antiguan Beach,is this resort THAT BAD?

Toronto
Level Contributor
349 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Royal Antiguan Beach,is this resort THAT BAD?

Greeting's all!

It's that time of the year again,deciding where to send my 71 yr mom on her 2 week's south.She has been to the Pineapple resort,and the Jolly beach resort in Antigua.I am looking for a reasonably priced AI to send her to.Is the Grand Royal that bad? The review's are overwhelmingly bad.Some input would be very much appreciated.

Cheer's

mamasboy

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Royal Antiguan Beach,is this resort THAT BAD?

I don't know about the Royal Antiguan, but why don't you look into Hawksbill? I haven't been there yet, but may consider it.

Antigua, West Indies
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Royal Antiguan Beach,is this resort THAT BAD?

I would not send my Mom there - I don't even think it is open, at least we have not seen guests on that beach for a couple of years.

Consider Coconut Beach Club - it is small and cosy (the rooms could use a boost but the beach is nice and the food is good) - and it is very reasonable. People in small hotels all meet up at the bar at 5 or so - which means your Mom won't be lonely.

UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Royal Antiguan Beach,is this resort THAT BAD?

Anxious to bump this topic. We are due to stay from 9th Feb going for the cricket and the recent reviews really are appaling.

Can anyone throw any more light on why it is so bad. Crowne Plaza are supposed to have taken it over and renovated.

4. Re: Grand Royal Antiguan Beach,is this resort THAT BAD?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 09:19
Get answers to your questions about St. John's
Recent Conversations