We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tip butler in Sandals? - staying in rondoval with pool.

Scotland
8 posts
Save Topic
Tip butler in Sandals? - staying in rondoval with pool.

Hello,

We are due to go to sandals antigua caribbean village in March 07. We have booked the Honeymoon garden rondovals with private plunge pool for our accommodation, which includes butler service. I am aware that sandals prices include tipping but I have read previous reviews which mentioned tipping is reccomended if you have a butler? I am concerened about this as we are paying over £11000 pounds for this holiday and want to ensure everything is perfect. We are both very unsure what we should do? please can anyone advise.

Also can anyone who has stayed in this accommodation please advise as we are a little concerened with negitive review however not read much about this type of accommodation. We have never stayed in any sandals resorts before.

Thank you.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tip butler in Sandals? - staying in rondoval with pool.

golfer, may i ask how much one tips a butler? A restuarant you base it on your meal , How do we base it on a butler.

Kingston, Ontario
Level Contributor
99 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tip butler in Sandals? - staying in rondoval with pool.

Maremio - that's a tough question to answer, we tipped each of them $60 at the end of the week, but it would depend on the services you receive. Not sure how we came to that amount, I think it might have been what money we had left, we just split between the two of them.

travelgal731
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Tip butler in Sandals? - staying in rondoval with pool.

Tipping for the Butler's is pretty much expected although not mandatory.

We left $100.00 for our Butler based on our 7 night stay. We presented this on our last day to the Butler.

I think that he was happy with that!

14. Re: Tip butler in Sandals? - staying in rondoval with pool.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 16:17