We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elegant Hotels water taxi

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Elegant Hotels water taxi

Hi, do the water taxis to the other Elegant hotels operate at night?

8 replies to this topic
Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,561 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elegant Hotels water taxi

sorry - daytime only and also a case of "weather permitting"!

so if you dine at another sister hotel in the evening you will need the bus or a taxi back

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Elegant Hotels water taxi

thank you. Do you know what 'daytime' would be in May? Having the option to dine in the other hotels is a big attraction for me, but only for evening dining, not fussed about lunch!

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,561 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elegant Hotels water taxi

there is no daylight saving time in Barbados --so - day time - last water taxi run is 4 pm I think - so it allows time for taxi to make the trip in daylight -(has to allow time for people to get off and get on - this is not a private taxi for hire --- it is a service for all their guests) - night falls early in the Caribbean --- but why worry? --- the bus only costs $2.00 Bbds per person per trip --- and to go from most southerly on the west coast which would be Waves I think, to the most northerly of the Elegant hotels which would be Colony Club in Holetown -- shouldn;t take more than 10/15 mins on the bus (maybe less ??- only takes me 20/25 minutes from Holetown into Bridgetown by bus in daytime when traffic would be slower) and a taxi isn;t too costly for short distances either.....

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,561 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elegant Hotels water taxi

SUNSET - May 2018 about 6.15pm

https:/…

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Elegant Hotels water taxi

thanks, that's really helpful.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,561 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Elegant Hotels water taxi

Sounds as if you are considering either Waves or Crystal Cove AI (free exchange dining between them) --- so if that is the case -- maybe plan on taking the water taxi on the 4pm run to which ever hotel you want to dine at --- and spend the late afternoon - cocktail hour and then dinner and if they have a floor show/entertainment that night? see that --- and then get the bus back to your hotel.....

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Elegant Hotels water taxi

Yes, looking at Crystal Cove. That's a good plan!

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Elegant Hotels water taxi

@700 Frankie, We will be at the Waves next week our daughter is at Crystal Cove, so I will update this post when we use the Water taxi service.

Hope this helps

Reply to: Elegant Hotels water taxi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint James Parish