We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire - Barbados

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire - Barbados

After views on car hire in Barbados, is it ok, is it safe to do ???

What are the usual tricks, what are the best / cheapest rental firms at the moment ??

Cheers

10 replies to this topic
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire - Barbados

Not sure what your concerns are? Driving in Barbados is perfectly safe. Roads are full of pot holes, signage poor so easy to get lost but otherwise never had a problem.

Look at MAH, Top CarbRentals and Stoutes.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,260 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire - Barbados

dustymiller259

Popular and highly recommended Car Rental companies include:

Stoutes Car Rental - www.stoutescar.com

Courtesy Rent-A-Car - www.courtesyrentacar.com

Drive-A-Matic - www.carhire.tv

Coconut Car Rentals - www.coconutcars.com

Top Car Rentals - www.barbadoscarrentals.com

Direct Car Rentals - www.barbadosrentals.net

M.A.H Car Rentals - www.funbarbados.com/CarRentals/MAHrentals.cfm (mahcarrentals@gmail.com)

Mix and compare and see who comes out cheapest with the vehicle and conditions you prefer.

Regards

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire - Barbados

DM259,

I used MAH in May and they provided an excellent service as well as a good price. Driven on 2 separate trips to Barbados and never encountered any problems

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire - Barbados

This is MAH website. We use them all the time.

http://www.mahcarsbarbados.com

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire - Barbados

Another vote here for MAH. Good vehicles, good price and friendly helpful service.

We have used them for years and never had a problem.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
127 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire - Barbados

I've used Drive-A-Matic the last two years. Very easy to deal with.

Leyburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire - Barbados

MAH Again...Amina and her sons provide a great service at competitive rates.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
911 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire - Barbados

Stoutes for us, been using them for the last 13 years! Never had a problem with the cars and the staff are so friendly and helpful. They have an office at the airport too, so easy to pick up and drop off. Of course, they will come out to your accommodation if you want them to as well. I will admit they are not the cheapest, but the quality of their vehicles reflects this, and the service they provide.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Hire - Barbados

Another vote for MAH car rentals.

I use them on every visit. They are a family run company and they will have your vehicle delivered to your accommodation or for pick up at the airport.

If you decide to collect at the airport then they will be there to meet you just outside of the arrivals to sign all the documents and show you your car. This is at no extra cost.

Their vehicles are very good. I only once had a problem (which can happen to anyone) with a dead battery and they were there within minutes to sort it out for me.

Their prices are very competitive.

10. Re: Car Hire - Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2017, 13:49

Reply to: Car Hire - Barbados
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations